4. reignited flame

A/N:
I've never really written any mature scenes before. Soooo... well, here goes.

~~~

"Thanks." I muttered whilst scribbling down the details. The gruff voice on the other side mumbled a quick goodbye before the line went dead. I placed the phone on the table beside the little leather journal that was opened before me.

It had been a week and half since Akash had invited me to the trip. I'd contemplated my decision for days before finally getting the courage to pick up the card from the bottom of my backpack (where I had hastily stashed it) and calling the travel agency.

Now, here I was before my MacBook, looking at my flight details. I had decided to ditch the trip to Ooty. Instead, I was heading straight to Goa. I was never a fan of humid climate, but I'd always loved Goa. Granted, I'd only been there a sum total of two times.

A series of pings broke me away from my train of thoughts and I glanced at my phone to see that I'd received messages from Jack. His name stimulated the guilt that I'd been trying to ignore and I picked up my phone tentatively.

I didn't understand where the guilt came from. Jack and I had never really been exclusive. We'd just messed around because the arrangement worked for both of us. I suppose, after months, a bond was bound to be formed. Perhaps my unexplained disappearance must be the reason. I hadn't really dwelled on the fact that he might actually miss me.

Just as soon as I started typing, the tell-tale ringtone for my FaceTime app on my MacBook filled the room.

Jack's face filled up the screen. I accepted the call—

And there he was, the man who'd been my lover for the past couple of months. We'd been friends but one drunken night had lead to our no strings attached arrangement. I took a moment to absorb those sharp features—the sharp jawline that had appealed to me from the very first day, his high cheekbones that just accentuated his rugged handsomeness and the unkempt dirty blond hair that framed his face. I loved how his hair had hints of dark brown along with the golden curls. But most of all, I loved his eyes. Jack was a guarded person. Despite the fact that he would distance himself sometimes, his eyes showed everything. But he was good at hiding those emotions from others. I was one of the privileged few who got to glimpse into those bottomless whirlpools.

"Hey you," he greeted, his sinful face lighting up the screen. I shook my head, trying to break free of my trance.

"Hey." I smiled.

The windows behind him gave away the scene of the vague skyline of a New York night. Immediately, I felt that ache in my chest. I missed New York and its perfect chaos.

"You just disappeared," he accused.

I laughed humourlessly.

"Diane told me about them dropping your campaign," he said seriously.

"I'm sure she's delighted that she won't have to deal with me anymore." I replied, leaning back against the back of my chair.

"Probably. But she didn't say so. And it did seem like she was genuinely concerned for you," Jack said.

I hummed in response. My eyes were too busy ogling at his figure. He had settled himself on the bed and I knew he'd placed the laptop on the breakfast table he used whenever he made breakfast for me on the Sundays I'd stay over.

His arms were crossed behind his back and his bulging muscles strained against the sleeves of his grey T-shirt. With a jolt I realised that it was the one I had gifted him.

His dirty blond curly hair was messy and I couldn't help but think he was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen. His body was honed to perfection and his full lips stirred a desire deep within me.

And of course, there were his eyes.

They were a beautiful stormy grey and I loved looking into them when I was underneath him  while he thrust into me.

I clenched my thighs as memories resurfaced. His stance was provocative and I could almost feel the tangible tension that ran between us.

"I miss you." He breathed out, running a slow hand over his hair.

I let out a shaky breath and said, "Me too."

I pushed back my chair so that he'd see what I was wearing: a white silk robe with lace detailing which gave away the bright red outline of my bra. The robe had a plunging neckline and gave a subtle view of my cleavage. My hair was left open and the dark curls with red streaks rested against my breasts as I leaned back on the chair.

The look he gave me was definitely worth the money I'd paid for this lingerie.

"Fuck, Sara. Do you want to kill me now?" he groaned.

I watched as his adam's apple bobbed and he turned to look into the screen with a smouldering gaze.

"I want you here," he said. His voice was hoarse.

"Too bad." I teased, trailing a finger down from the base of my throat to my breasts.

He smirked as I kneaded one breast. Quickly, he took off his T-shirt and gave me the full view of his torso. He didn't stop to watch me though. He stood up and moved from view until I could see nothing of him.

Seconds later, he emerged on the screen—and he was stark naked. The muscles of his body flexed as he leaned against the headboard and pushed the breakfast table away to give me a full view of his body.

My breath caught in my throat as I took in the evidence of his arousal. The hand that had been caressing my breast stopped and I breathed in deeply.

Standing up from the chair, I gently slipped the silk robe off my body and it pooled into a pearly white heap around my feet.

I closed my eyes and tipped my head back as both my hands moved down my body. One stopped to squeeze the swell of my breasts and the other ventured lower.

There was no stopping me. Especially not after hearing the deep groan that emanated from his throat thousands of miles away.