Chapter 12

When I woke up the next morning, I was being shook by an annoyed looking Aria.

“Your cell phone will not stop ringing and I can hear it from my room.” She told me.

“Sorry,” I muttered, grabbing it from her. My eyes glanced at it’s clock. “Oh my god, it is already eleven.”

“You seem to be a heavy sleeper.” She rolled her eyes as she walked out of my room. I could not tell whether or not it was from actual annoyance.

My phone rang again, reminding me that I had yet to check why it had been going off in the first place. I answered instantly when I saw it was Zane.

“Hi.” I said, knowing he would be a bit annoyed about me not answering my phone for so long.

“God, you scared me.” I heard him sigh.

“What?” I laughed slightly despite myself. “I was asleep.”

“I called six times. After the first three, I got nervous that something had happened to you guys.” He explained. “I was going to tell you that I have a family thing this afternoon, so I was hoping I could swing by now. But, I am currently on my way over due to my freak out.”

Well, shit.

“Alright, see you soon.” I got up quickly.

“Bye.” He hung up.

I quickly got dressed in jeans, a white tank top and a light gray jacket. It was simple and very easy with my limited time. I also brushed out my hair.

I still was not entirely sure of what I was going to say, or how our conversation would go, so my stomach was in knots. I chose not to eat for that reason.

What if I managed to fuck everything up? Despite my best efforts, I knew it was a possibility.

I brought down my journal and the new book, just to show Zane I got them, and I waited.

Hardly two seconds after I sat on the couch, there was a knock on the door.

“Hey.” He smiled at me. I saw a bit of his relief at seeing that I really was okay.

“Hey,” I gestured for him to come in.

“Want to go out in the backyard?” he asked upon hearing Mari laughing upstairs, most likely at a holograph program.

“Sure.” I nodded, leading the way.

It was cloudy today and there was a bit of wind, I half expected it to start pouring the second we stepped outside, but it did not.

“There is a storm coming.” He noted.

“If it starts raining, I want to stay out here.” I told him.

“Why?”

“I have never been outside when it has been raining before.” I admitted. “I have seen it from inside when I have been on assignments, but I have never felt it.”

“Okay,” he nodded, not questioning me. He understood. “But we should leave the books and your journal inside to keep them from getting ruined.”

I placed the books inside on the kitchen counter before going back outside to him and sitting under the huge tree.

“So, where are we?” he asked, looking at the house.

“Have you ever been in a relationship before?” I asked him curiously as a gust of wind rushed by.

“No.” he shook his head. “I have never been interested in another man.”