Chapter 9

I woke up in my room at eleven o’clock in the morning to the sound of my phone ringing. It was Finn.

“Hello?” I answered groggily. Granted, I should have been awake, but I had not been.

“Blue-“ he stopped when I yawned. “Did you just want up?”

“Yeah, sorry.” I said, forcing myself to wake up. “What’s going on?”

“Look, there’s been a slight alteration to tonight’s plans.” He said. “There is a situation Arrow needs to discuss with the New DC Feminist board, so we will be picking you up at-“

“I’m on a board?” I asked, having it being the first time I had heard about it. “And what’s the situation?”

“Yes, all leaders are on a board which includes Monty, Arrow, Jinx, Zane, myself and you.” He explained, quickly. “Now, you, Aria and Mari are not in danger, but it involves my uncle.”

If I was not wide awake then, I was now.

“What happened?”

“The girl he got was found naked and near dead in the woods.” He sighed. “He just took three new girls saying that he knows you are not dead and he wants to trade them for you.”

My jaw was dropped, my mind was in a thousands places at once and I felt like I could not breathe. He nearly killed a woman, god knows why, and now he is willing to do the same to three more. How far was he willing to go for me?

Most likely I knew those three girls, and I did not want to be the reason that they died; I truly did not know if I could live with that.

“Bluebell, focus.” Finn called back my attention in a strong tone. I realized then that he had been talking while I begun panicking. “You are not to leave the house until Zane and I come get you at six thirty. If you want Zane and I to come over, we will.”

“I-It’s okay, Finn.” I replied shakily.

“Are you sure? Zane is a bit worried that you will do something stupid and reckless. He did not even want me to tell you what was going on.”

“There is not really much I can do without any transportation.” I pointed out. “Do you know if the girl he had is going to be at the board meeting?”

“Yes, she does not want to be left alone. She is staying with Arrow right now.” He told me. “But she is in really bad shape, Bell.”

“Who found her?”

“One of Monty’s errand boys, I think it was Scott.”

Scott… I felt like I had heard that name a few times before… Maybe he had been mentioned in a meeting before or something like that…

“Alright, thank you.”

“You are sure that you do not want us to come over?” he asked again.

“I am good, Finn.” I rolled my eyes at his worry because really, there was no way for me to do anything at all about the situation.

“Oh, and Arrow reminded me to invite Mari and Aria to the normal meeting. He even offered for someone to come get them so that you could attend the board meeting. But I do not think he is expecting them to want to come.”

“I will mention it, but I doubt they will go for it.”

“Okay, talk to you later, then.”

“Bye.” I hung up and rubbed my eyes.

Well, that was an eventful wake up call., I thought to myself.

First thing I had to do before anything else was check on Aria and Mari. But I laughed when I peeked into both of their rooms and found them both still sound asleep. I could not blame them, I probably would be too if I had not received a phone call.