Chapter 11

Ashley’s POV

<1 week later>

December 20, 2012

Warning : may be triggering

It’s almost Christmas. Oh my god. I still need to buy presents, and put up the Christmas tree and decorations! Shit, I’m running so late!

“Jaime!” I yell from the kitchen where I am looking on the computer what to buy for Bella and Brady.

“yes?” he says and casually strolls into the kitchen.

“what do you want to get Brady and Bella for Christmas?” I ask and he sits down next to me.

“hmm. Brady likes video games and music, so how about either a new phone because he still has the first generation iphone, or a new Xbox or play station 3?” he suggests.

“what do you think he would like better? Don’t forget his birthday is next month too.”

“how about for Christmas we get him either a Play station or Xbox, and for his birthday a new phone?”

“sure, but which one for Christmas?” I laugh.

“whichever one you think he would enjoy better.” he says and I groan.

“you know I’m not good at making decisions!” he laughs.

“I know. How about a play station because we have the Xbox with Kinect already, so we can put the Play station in his room.”

“good. That’s why I love you.” he smiles and I give him a quick, but full of love and passion kiss.

“now what about Bella?”

“a dollhouse! And we can get Barbie and ken dolls to look like us all!” I burst out laughing at his enthusiasm.

“have you been thinking about getting her that?”

“not really, I just want a doll that looks like me.” I laugh again.

“I don’t even know where to ask for custom made dolls.”

“don’t worry, I’ve already got that covered.” I give him a weird look.

“you have been planning, haven’t you?” I laughed.

“maybe just a little.” he chuckled.

“I even got Alex, Jack, Vic, Mike and Tony.” I laughed even harder.

“okay, I cannot wait to see those.” I said and shut down my laptop.

“I need to get dressed. I need to go pick out more presents, so I should be back later.” I walk upstairs with him hot on my heels.

“if you need anything call either m-”

“either you or Alex, I know.” I giggle. I give him that sentence every time I go somewhere.

“okay, good you have been listening.”

“ha ha ha, you’re so funny.” he says sarcastically.

“I’m just playing.” I give him a peck on the cheek and pick out some warm clothes to wear. I grab my fuzzy Indian looking boots, black leggings, pink cardigan and black tank top. I walk into the bathroom and put those on, then shove my hair up in a bun and put on light makeup. I head back out and grab my phone, then walk downstairs and make some coffee.

“Ashley?” I turn around and see Brady. He hasn’t come out of his room since the funeral.

“oh my god Brody, is everything okay?” he shakes his head.

“why? What’s wrong?”

“I did something I shouldn’t have.” my heart drops. He didn’t.

“I’m sorry. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I just want to keep doing it.” he sniffled. I immediately ran over to him and rolled up his long sleeves. Scabs and bright red, fresh cuts that were still bleeding.

“Please don’t be mad..” he said.

“Brady, I’m not mad.” I said and his eyes snapped up to meet mine.

“what? Why?” he asked. I sighed and rolled up my sleeves too. There on both wrists were long silver and white scars deep, and just barley cutting the skin, lining my arms from wrist to elbow. I used to have really bad depression but when I met Jaime, it went away.

“oh my god.” he whispered and touched a few scars.

“please, don’t do it anymore? For me?” I asked.

“I’ll try. I’m sorry. It’s just too many things going on and I’m really sad all the time.”

“I used to be like that too. Please, text me, or even better talk to Jaime, talk to Vic or Alex. They will help you. Alex helped me.”

“okay. Thank you.”

“your welcome.”

I walked him to the bathroom and cleaned up his cuts, then gave him so ibuprofen then he went to bed. I walked out to the living room and didn’t see Jaime so I left a note.

‘ Jaime,

I couldn’t find you in the house, so I wrote this instead. I left to go to the mall now, I will be back in about 2 hours just in time for dinner, so I will cook when I get home or you guys can order a pizza or something. Love you all, call Alex or I if you need anything.

Love, Ashley ‘