don't // calum hood

FROM: Calum Hood
TO: Lex Cavell
heard you’re in LA for a few days, are you going to be at the launch party tonight?

This was how most of Calum Hood and Alexis Cavell’s interactions started out. One of them would hear that they were in the same city and then they’d text the other to see if they were both going to be at a certain function; if they weren’t they’d usually organise some other place or time to meet up.

FROM: Lex Cavell
TO: Calum Hood
it’s the only reason we’re even in LA to start with. i’m assuming i’ll see you there?

FROM: Calum Hood
TO: Lex Cavell
the boys and i need to make an appearance but i figured if you were going to be there we could skip out early…
i haven’t seen you in forever.

FROM: Lex Cavell
TO: Calum Hood
sounds like a plan. i’ve got to get to hair and make-up, i’ll see you later calum.

Alexis and Calum had first met at an award show a few years earlier, and at first the two of them had absolutely detested each other (she’d said something about them being a ‘cookie cutter pop boy band’ and he’d been so agitated by that comment that he’d brought up her stint in rehab). The whole altercation was quite public and while it gained both bands a fair bit of publicity their respective labels didn’t like the fact that it was so public.

They’d both issued public apologies through Twitter in hopes to appease their management but it wasn’t as effective as they’d hoped. And that was how 5 Seconds of Summer and Page Avenue had ended up co-headlining a sold out North American tour. Typically both Calum and Alexis had been completely against the idea but after a few thinly veiled threats from their labels they were willing to tolerate each other for the duration of the tour.

(Alexis was fully convinced that she had every right to be monumentally pissed off at the Australian boy, he’d intentionally used the fact that she’d had a mental illness against her and that was pretty fucking low. Calum had to admit that he’d been a dick and that he shouldn’t have said it but the girl just made him so angry that he couldn’t let it go.)

The first week of the tour was pretty tense, both of them refusing to be in the same room as one another and other equally childish things like that, but then the two of them realised something; Calum and Alexis figured out that despite how much they disliked each other they were inexplicably attracted to one other.

It had started with a drunken kiss which was the result of a dare that Ashton had thought would be hilarious, and with that kiss the two of them realised that this had the potential to be a good thing for both of them.

They’d both been in the industry long enough to know that trying to maintain any kind of relationship was usually more hassle than it was worth, but at the same time they refused to settle for random flings with people they’d never met and would never see again. Being on tour together was perfect because they didn’t have to go out of their way to meet up (they were usually staying in the same hotels or they’d be travelling by bus, they had to spend a lot of their time with each other) and it kept whatever was going on out of the public eye.

The first time they hooked up after that initial kiss was backstage before one of their shows. Alexis had been having a particularly shit day and Calum had found her while she was wandering the halls and trying to clear her head. He’d thrown some half-assed remark at her and instead of punching him like she wanted to (and frankly like he’d been expecting) she’d kissed him. It had served as the perfect distraction for Alexis and it hadn’t been half bad.