Patrol - 4

They both laughed and launched into another round, both of them secretly watching the clock as it ticked down the minutes until Ladybug and Chat Noir were to meet up for patrol.

~=~{}~=~

Marinette cheered as Adrien groaned after another crushing round.  Suddenly, simultaneous alarms chimed on Marinette and Adrien's phones, signifying that patrol was about to start.

Marinette's eyes widened as she fumbled to turn off the alarm.  Her mind raced as she saw Adrien's face looking up at her, curious as to why she had an alarm for the same time as he did.

"I-It's for my parents," she explained hastily.  "They have me set this timer on Sundays to make sure I go to bed early enough for school in the morning."

Adrien seemed to accept the excuse.  "I'll do the same," Adrien said as he excused himself for the night.  He couldn't really come up with a plausible excuse as fast as Marinette, so he didn't bother to try.

"Alright, Tikki," Marinette told her little bug companion after she'd made sure Adrien was out of earshot, "transform me."

With a whirl of pink particles and sparkles, Ladybug stood where Marinette once had.  The superhero jumped out of her balcony into the Parisian night air to go meet Chat Noir.

They always met at the same time on Sundays, the day they both patrolled together.  Otherwise, they alternated.

She saw Chat Noir's dark figure sitting, his legs hanging over the edge of the Eiffel Tower as she arrived.  She swung over and sat next to him.

"Purr-fect evening, isn't it, M'Lady?" Chat greeted just as Ladybug sat.

Ladybug shook her head good-naturedly.  "Silly Kitty."

They separated ways to patrol.  Ladybug always enjoyed swinging around on her yo-yo.  The wind in her hair, the way her body did tricks she never taught herself, the night sky and the stars as they twinkled down on her.  Paris at night was so pretty; the Eiffel Tower was lit with sparkling lights and the museum was just gorgeous.

After she'd patrolled her side of the city and was confident that there were no akumas tonight, she headed back to the Eiffel Tower to rendezvous with Chat.

She jumped to the top and leaned over the railing, watching as Chat Noir's shadowy figure jumped across a few more rooftops before joining his lady.  He rested on the railing, too, looking rather lost in thought.

"Something on your mind?" Ladybug asked without looking over at her partner.

He sighed.  "I think...I dunno.  I'm very confused."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He folded his hand, rubbing his thumbs over one another.  He was nervously fidgeting, Ladybug realized, which her kitty seldom did.

"You don't have to if you don't want to.  It's none of my business."

"No, no," he said quickly.  "I want you to tell me your thoughts."

"Alright, Kitty.  Shoot."

"I...Oh, I don't know anymore.  I think I might be developing feelings for...someone else."  He fidgeted even more.