Chapter 5

"Out of all the people in the world

"Out of all the people in the world. Why do I have to work alongside Michael? It is torture" I mutter as I sit with my girls and have a milkshake.

Paulette cracks her gum. "Why not kiss and make up? That is always more fun than fighting" she laughs.

"He has a girl. He has moved on from us. As I always knew he would he met a girl from his college" I mutter pitifully.

"You still love him though?" Rhonda questions me as she touches the tip of her nose. She was obsessed with her new nose she had these days.

"Yes, I freaking love Michael. But we can never be together" I mutter.

Frenchie was coming to join us. We were having dinner then I was going to have to head into work. Alongside Michael. I was still training him. I kept thinking of his kisses.

How good it felt to be in his arms. How he could sing. Just everything about him. How long it took me to see he had always been the man of my dreams. Like dreams they were not meant to be.

♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ

"Hi Frenchie" everyone greets our friend. She sits down beside me.

"Hey guys how are things?" she asks.

"Good!" they all begin to yammer all at once.

"How is the new job going Steph?" she wants to know.

I roll my shirt sleeves up. "I bet you already know" I tell her.

"Yeah Michael said you two are working together" says Frenchie.

"She hates it" Rhonda tells her.

"Rhonda" I groan.

"It is not easy. Its hurts" I admit to them all.

"I have some news for you Steph" says Frenchie.

"Oh?"

"Yeah guess who was able to get his green card on his own?" she brags.

Everyone squeals.

"How?" I want to know. It shocked me. Was he married to that chick already??

"He studied and paid for the test. His parents did back in Aussie. And he did it. I helped him study. He passed with flying colors. He also has a work visa here now and a student one. He is here for good!" promises Frenchie.

My heart sinks. "Good for Michael. I am proud of him" I mutter.

"Is that all?" she wonders.

I shrug and nod. "How long did it take for him to get it?" I wonder.

"About a week after he began college, he had to get his green card. He has had it as long as he began to date that new girl Dotty. She seems nice. But he was happier with you Steph" mentions Frenchie.