Chapter 12

We were hosting a baby shower for Paulette today

We were hosting a baby shower for Paulette today. Johnny was going to bring her on over to Sharon's place this afternoon. I was growing a little bit tired blowing up the balloons.

We had so many balloons. Frenchy was fussing over the cake. It looked divine. It was pink and blue frosting. We were not sure if the baby was a boy or a girl yet.

Then we had also posted a Congrats poster up on the wall for Johnny and Paulette. This place was looking cozy and so cute.

We had little gifts for the baby to. Michael was going to pick me up after the shower and take me on a spin there when he got off work. My mind was still on weddings or college these days.

I could not pick one or the other.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

"How are you and Michael doing these days?" Frenchy asks me.

"We are wonderful. I love him so much" I say. "we are doing well thank you."

"You looked pretty deep in thought there Steph what is going on with you?" asks Sharon.

"I was thinking what is more important? College or marriage?" I ask them.

"College!" says Frenchy.

"Marriage" answers Sharon at the same time as Frenchy.

They laugh.

"Marriage is not everything. Sometimes a girl needs more" says Frenchy.

"Sometimes all a girl needs is a nice home. A stable working man to take care of her" says Sharon.

"It's not the 1940's" jokes Frenchy.

"I know that. But that is what I want. I want to be secure" Sharon adds. "nothing wrong with that"

"True" I agree. "nothing wrong with a handsome man to take care of you" I say deep in thought.

"We lost her" laughs Frenchy.

"Sorry, I was kind of hoping since Michael is serious maybe I should settle down. And make an honest man out of him that is all" I add with a shrug.

"Wow, it is serious" teases Sharon.

"I am in love that is all" I giggle.

"Hey, I think Johnny's car pulled up" says Frenchy. "get ready girls" she orders.

We turn down the lights. It was weird seeing Johnny driving a car around town. But he had to now that Paulette had a bun in her oven. And I was sure when the baby was born, we would be seeing a lot less of Johnny on his bike.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

"Delores get the lights when they come in" orders Sharon.