Chapter 6

We were both off work

We were both off work. Michael took me for a date to the drive-in movies. I was happy we were back together. I admit I was worried about him. He dropped out of college because of me. I knew how important college was to him.

I wanted to bring up the college issue to Michael. But at the same time, I did not want to be a downer with bringing up his failure in college.

I snuggle up to Michael's side. Resting my head on his shoulder. His right arm is draped around my shoulder as I lean into him. This felt right. We belonged together.

♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ

"What is on your mind Steph?" Michael asks me softly. He kisses the top of my head.

"You" I admit.

"Me? Why me?" he wonders.

"I worry about you dropping out of college. I bet your parents and Sandy are disappointed in you, you came all the way over seas for a better education and you blew it all because of me" I sigh. "Can you get back into college?" I worry.

"No Steph. I ruined that" he admits. "It was my own fault though. Not yours. I just was broken up over you. And I could not focus on anything but getting back with you" he mutters.

"Michael you are so crazy to ruin all that for me! I am no one" I grumble.

He turns me around to look up at him. "Steph, I remember the moment we met. When I laid eyes on you, my whole world changed that day. You were late for class. I was running late. You were moving the skirt up inches shorter than you were supposed to have it. And cracking your gum. I knew I had to know that girl. I had no idea you were off limits. Or T-bird property. But I knew I wanted to be a T-bird. I wanted you to be my girl but not own you like Johnny felt he owned you" he points out. "Ever sense you came in my world you were always on my mind"

"I remember that day. I was late. I did not care. I thought you were cute but not really my type. Who knew you were my perfect man? I just needed to give you a real chance" I say softly. "When I did my dream, man was right before my eyes"