Chapter 7

I wondered how Paulette did with her family

I wondered how Paulette did with her family. If they were making amends before the wedding. I was at work with Michael. He was still in training. I was glad now to be working alongside with Michael. I smile over at him as we work.

We were getting off soon. Michael said he had something he wanted to show me when we got off work. When we were off, he was going to take me out on a bike ride. I was really looking forward to that.

I would find myself glancing over at the clock. To see if we could clock out. We had an hour left to go. I so loved hopping on the back of Michael's bike. Wrapping my arms around his waist.

Pressing my face in his leather jacket. Feeling the wind on my flesh. Watching the world pass us by as time stood still for a moment for us. I glance back at the clock one more time. Nope. Not time yet.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

"Steph why do you keep looking at the clock?" Michael chuckles.

"I want to go! I am excited to go on that ride with you" I whisper to him. He grins.

I hand him groceries down the belt line. "I am excited to Steph. My bike was lonely without you" Michael admits.

"Oh, your bike even missed me?" I giggle.

He nods. "Terribly" he adds.

"Michael where have you been at school? I have not saw you around?" someone speaks up. I see that girl Dotty in line. The girl he had dated after we broke things off.

Inwardly I groan inside.
I smile over at Michael.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

"I dropped out" he tells her softly.

"But you were doing so well in classes. You loved them! And you really helped me in my classes" she huffs. "Please come back! Everyone in our classes misses you" she rambles on.

"Michael what does she mean you were doing well in the classes?" I ask him demanding to know.

"He is brilliant. Super smart" she brags. "He helped me pass a few of my tests. I could not have done it without Michael"

He lied to me! He dropped out of school for me! He lied. He had been doing well in his classes. Why did he lie to me?? It did not add up. I fume inside. Here we were doing so well being back together. But we could not be if our relationship was based on lies. He lied! It hurt.

"Sorry Dotty I will not be coming back to school ever" Michael tells her. "And I am back with Stephanie. We are done. I had fun with you. But I am sorry you are not the girl for me" he explains to her sternly. "I already told you this over the phone. Please do not come up to my place of work again okay?" he asks her.

She looks embarrassed. "Alright Michael. I had to try. You are a great guy. I did not want to give you up" she mutters sadly. She leaves our line.

"Michael what did she mean by you were doing well in school? You told me you were failing" I remind him.