Chapter 11

After the party was nearly done, I felt fairly down

After the party was nearly done, I felt fairly down. I wished I was getting married. Planning a family. Not planning on going to school.

Not worrying if we were going to break up again. If we were married, we would be able to work on this. Paulette follows me outside on the back deck while everyone was talking.

"How are you? And Michael?" she asks me.

I smile at her. "Michael is fantastic. Thing is I wish we had what you all have. I really want to be married but he thinks I want to marry to keep him in the country. I had before. Now I really want to marry him" I softly say.

"Why not share that with him" says Paulette.

"But the man should ask to marry. That is how it goes. Not the other way around" I grumble.

"I am sorry" she sighs.

"Me to" I tell her. "at least we worked things out. I still think Michael needs collage. He is stubborn though. We will figure this all out" I say. "I guess"

"You both will" says Paulette.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

She hugs me then heads out on her way. Sandy finds me.

"Hi" she greets me.

"Hello" I answer.

"I am so glad you came. I wanted to get to know you. It seems my cousin is very serious about you" Sandy adds.

I nod. "I am about him" I say as I glance over at Michael.

"I am so glad you two found each other. Like I found Danny, you know Michael was shy about asking to join the group. I told him how nice everyone was, and he did fit right in" Sandy says.

"Things worked out. How long are you and Danny in town?" I ask her.

"We are thinking of moving back to the states" mentions Sandy. "Danny is homesick. I love it here. I would not mind living here"

"Michael loves it here to" I agree. "I am sure that he would love to have his family stay"

"I know he would. Then more family might visit" replies Sandy.

We head back inside. Michael joins my side.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

"Are you alright?" he worries over me.

I shake my head then smile. "No" I lie.

"Are you sure? Is there anything you want to talk about?" he asks me.

"I am fine. Really" I tell him.

He kisses me. "Alright" he answers.

Soon the party is over. We head home. I feel more down then before. I try to read a magazine as Michael gets ready for bed.

There were ads for weddings. Brides. In every page. I groan. I had weddings on the brain. I set the magazine down then I turned on the radio.

"Goin to the chapel and we're gonna get married, going go the chapel and we're going to get ma---arried. Gee I really love you and we're going to get married. Going to the chapel of love" the song plays. I groan as I turn off the radio.

"Steph what is going on?" Michael chuckles.

"Nothing okay?" I lie.

"Come on. I can tell there is something wrong?" he asks me. He kisses my shoulder. "tell me"

"Seeing all our friends paired off. Getting married. Having kids. Having all their lives planned out. And here we have no clue what we are going to do?" I sigh. "I feel dumb" I admit.

"Baby you are not dumb" he tells me.

Tears come to me. "I know you don't want to get married. I did not want to bring it up"

"Steph I never said I don't want you or want to get married. I do not want to marry for a green card. When I marry you, I want it to be real? Forever" he explains. "I am sorry I did not explain that before. I want our marriage to be for love not for a green card"

"Oh" I sniff back tears. "really?"

"Yes" he says. "Someday I want to be your husband. And for you to be my wife"

"Micheal!" I softly say. I kiss him.

He returns my kisses. "We just messed so much of this up" he laughs.

"We really did" I agree.

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

He kisses me again.

"I am so sorry I ever made you think that I did not want to marry" he tells me.

"I was worried" I giggle. "I am not saying I am ready to marry right now. Just I wanted that option you know?"

"I know" he answers.

I feel a bit better. My worries fade.

We fall asleep in each other's arms. The next day Michael was at work. I was off that day. I call Paulette.

"I want to do something special for Michael. To thank him for all he has been doing for me" I tell her.

"Well what do you have in mind?" she asks.

"I want him to think more about weddings. Get it in his brain. Maybe if I cook a romantic dinner. Be all wife like he will see what a great wife I could be for him. And want to ask after I plan the most romantic dinner he has ever had" I giggle. "what do you think?"

"Well it is not the worst idea you have ever had" she laughs. "How can I help?"

"I am not a good cook. Help me find something simple to make" I say. "simple but romantic"

"You know I think I have a great meal in mind. Give a few moments and I will be right over to see you" she says.

"Great" I giggle.

Michael will not know what hit him. I clean the whole apartment. And make the bed. Clean up his clothing off the floor.

Do all the wife like chores I normally might ignore. Make sure this place is spotless. I buy some fresh flowers from a vender that was selling down my street. Place them in a vase there on the table. Then open the windows so fresh air could flow in.

"Michael I am the perfect bride for you. You just don't know it yet" I say with a smirk on my face.

This plan was going to work. I knew it. 

♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|