Thats kind if what Sam looks like^ Chapter 1

I sit down on my bed in my new room in my new house.

I look around my room.

I huff loudly as I stand up.

I pull one of my pictures out of one of the boxes
that I forgot to unpack.

It's a picture of me and my old best friends,

Linda and Lucas, back in Florida.

I smile as I hang it up on the wall above my bed, hoping that it might make me feel more at home.

I look at it for a while and sigh.

It's not the same, though my mom says that once I get used to things, it won't be any different from life back in Florida.

Blah blah blah. I don't believe any of it.

I didn't want to move to California in the first place, it's all because my mom got remarried to my step dad, Smith, and we had to move here.

"Samantha !! Come down here, some of the neighbors stopped by!" I roll my eyes.

Yay friendly neighbors stopped by to meet the new neighbors. Soo exciting!

"I'll be down in a sec mom!" I yelled.

I pulled on some high waist skinny jeans and tucked a white tank top in them, then threw a black and white flannel over it, leaving it unbuttoned.

Then I quickly put my da curly hair in a messy bun.

When I'm done getting ready, I run down the stairs into the kitchen to see that my mom is talking to a woman about her age with short red hair.

My mom quickly spots me and waves me over.

I walk over to her side and look at the women.

She also had a boy that looked about a my age maybe a year younger, with Strawberry blonde hair, standing next to her.

"Sam, this is Mrs. Smalls and her son Scotty."

My Mom gesturing to the woman and the boy.

"Hey" I say.

Mrs. Smalls smiles and sticks out her hand.

I shake it. "What about Scotty taking you to meet some of his friends." Mrs. Smalls suggested.

"Then you can make a bunch of new friends before the school year starts."

I wanted to shake my head and tell her it's fine I'm not very good at making friends, but then my mom said that's a great idea, so I had no way to get out of it.

I silently groaned and I could tell that Scotty didn't think it was a good idea either.

I looked at him and he gave a an apologetic look.

"Follow me Samantha ." Scotty said, gesturing me to follow him out the door.

We started walking down the side walk in silence. Finally Scotty said something.

"Soo.. do you like baseball?" I looked at him.

" I love baseball. How did you know?" I wondered.

He points to the base ball glove in my back pocket.

"Oh. Yeah I was about to go outside and practice catching." I explained.

My dad taught me how to play when I was really little, but I didn't tell Scotty that.

" I'm surprised that you actually play. I mean girls usually don't play baseball, but I think it's pretty cool that you do. But my friends.... well let's just say they don't think they same way as I do."