Chapter 4

We all went home to get our stuff I changed my clothes because there was a little blood on my shirt. Plus the sleeve was ripped off. I changed into a grey sweat pants and with a white t-shirt tucked in to them. My curly hair was in a messy bun.
      I grabbed my bag with my stuff in it and my sleeping bag. I rush down stairs and say good bye to my mom and Smith and head out side. I walk to the tree house alone. As I approach it, I look up and see that everyone is already in there.
     "Hey boys." I say and they all say hi to me back. I set my stuff down and sit with everyone else.
      "Wanna s'more?" Ham asks.
   "Sure." I say. He makes me a s'more and I bite in to it. Oh I love these. After eating about 5 of them I lay back and listen to the story squints was telling. It was about what happened last year during the summer.  Supposedly, there was this huge dog that they all thought was a beast and Benny had to hop over the fence to get a ball back and all these crazy things started happening.
     That's when Benny got his nickname, "the jet". I look over at Benny. I stand up and move to sit next to him. I sit with my arms around my knees.
    "So, how's your nose?" I ask looking up at him. He shrugs his shoulders like it wasn't a big deal.
  "It's fine."
   "That's good"I nod. I didn't know what else to say. Then I thought about what happened before the whole Phillips thing. When I broke his bat and I was screaming at him.
    "Sorry about what happened today. With your bat. I wasn't in a very good mood and I could tell that you weren't either." I apologized. He looks at me and smiles.
    "It's fine. And yeah I wasn't in a good mood but it didn't give me the right to take it out on you." He says. Wow he's actually being nice today. My thoughts were interrupted by Bertram calling us over to do some dares.     
   "Who wants to go first?" Bertram asks. DeNunez raises his hand and Timmy dared him to run around the baseball field 10 times. In his underwear! So DeNunez had to do it. And he did. It was so funny and everyone was cracking up. His face was so red! Ha. After that Bertram asked who would go next. So I raised my hand.
    Bertram was going to dare me. He smiled mischievously. Oh no. What was he going to dare me. He thought for a moment. Then he whispers in my ear so no one else would hear.
    "Sam I dare you to say "Benny, I love you" then kiss him." He explained. Oh no oh no oh no! I can't do that. I would die right there in the spot. Everyone had their eyes on me. I gave Bertram a pleading look but he only smirked. I took a deep breath and went over to Benny.  He watched me.
    "Benny I love you." I said and I gave him big smooch on the lips. My face turned red and his face was full of shock. I turned away from him. Everyone stared at us for a moment and then they all bursted our in laughter. I glared at Bertram. The boys were crying laughing. I couldn't look back at Benny. I sat down and covered my face. I was kinda mad, frustrated. Embarrassed, humiliated, and shocked that I even did it all at the same time.
     I don't know how long I was sitting like that but it was a long time and no one bothered me. Soon everyone was getting ready for bed and I still had my head down in my arms. I waited for a while until I didn't hear anything to lift up my head. I looked around and saw that everyone was sleeping. I got up and rolled out my sleeping bag as quietly as I could. Then I got in it and l laid my head down. I looked at the ceiling but then heard a noise next to me.
   I looked over to see that Benny was in the sleeping bag next to me and his eyes shot open. I jump, because it scared me, and he just sat there, looking at me. I turned away, remembering the dare.
   "That was a... uh.... weird dare back there don't ya think?" He whispered. I didn't turn around and I didn't answer. I hear him huff.
    "You gonna answer me or what?" He asks. "Nope." Is all I say.
    "Ok then." He chuckles. I sigh and turn around. He meets my eyes.
    "Ok let's forget about the whole thing Alright? That way I won't feel all weird and embarrassed." I suggest. He smirks.
    "Yeah, sure ok," He says. I turn away again. "Now go to sleep, dork" I say. And a few minutes later I hear snoring.
————————————————————————
A/N: Hey. I know it's kinda short but the next one might be longer.
Check out my other book, Centuries!
And don't forget to leave comments please! 😄