one

Miyoung's pov
hey there , my name is Park Miyoung. not much about me that's interesting. just everyone in my school calls me fire. they say i act like one.

it's a nickname that was given by some random senior in school.

my parents are two of the many people i love.

my mom is Rayla Jeon. sounds like she's a foreigner right? well , she's full korean , just that my grandma was having her vacation in Canada when she was expecting my mother. my grandma told me my mom came out a month earlier than her due date which meant that she was born in Canada , therefore her name.

my dad is Park Hyukjae. he is full korean who claims that he met my mom at a restaurant when she was working as a waitress and fell in love with her the moment he saw her.

i'm not the only child , unfortunately. but luckily , i'm not the oldest so i won't have to follow my parent's orders strictly. my older brother , Park Jinyoung. he joined one of the Big3 entertainments in the kpop industry making him a member of famous boy group Got7.

he is a caring brother so my friends are envious of me. just that he can be a savage at anytime making things really irritating.

well , that's all for my family.

i have two close friends who were friends with me since young. our parents are good friends so we were able to take the same route for our studies.

one of them is Tia Kim. she's half korean and half African. her mom is a African one. she always got criticism from anyone who sees her. and i was always to one to bash back to those who made fun of her.

another of my friend is Jung Eun. but she prefers to be called Fawn because she thinks her name is weird with only one syllable. she is also full korean. Fawn is an outgoing girl and also a cheery one. it's almost like nothing can bring her down.

we recently just entered high school and has been suffering in here for three months. luckily , not many people here criticise Tia for her being biracial.

i was getting famous for being known as the 'fire girl'. i've heard people saying about my buring passion in dancing , which is true. i take dancing really seriously. which made Jinyoung's company want me so badly.

but i knew i definitely didn't want to go through what my brother went through. all the harsh trainings for years? what if i don't get famous after all that hard work? and most importantly , diet? i want my food okay.

i was happy with my life now and i'm already well-known as 'Got7 Jinyoung's sister'.

boys also tried asking me out but i'll snap them off with cruel rejections. who knows if they just wanna get famous in school too?

everyone believed there is not a single guy out there who was able to ask me out , making another point for me being the 'fire girl'.

Tia and Fawn calls me fiesty little one because Tia say fire sounds weird. Fawn explained that it is also because i'm not afraid of standing up for my friends or anything.

all was well until one new student entered our school and got allocated to our class.

he looked like an innocent shy boy who might get bullied by others easily.

"annyeonghasaeyo , Choi Yeonjun imnida. i'm new here so please take care of me." he bowed with a smile on his face.

"you can sit next to Miyoung at the back there. that being said , Miyoung , you are in charge of bringing Yeonjun around the school the whole week." Miss Kathleen said.

he walked to me and sat to me placing his bag on the floor. "hello." he smiled. i smiled back like i usually do to others and faced the front.

—————————————————————