Damien

When I met Damien Darhk I didn't know that he would change my life. I didn't know that he would give my life a purpose and a reason to keep going. I didn't know that I would fall helplessly in love with him.

I had met Damien when I was twenty-five years old. Him being practically immortal I had no idea how old he was. I was an assassin for Ra's al Ghul and I was the best one he had ever had.

"Damien Darhk is coming and you are to watch his every move." Ra's said calmly.

"Yes Master." I said with a bow of my head.

I turned and left the room and quickly went to the entrance and to a secure hiding place. It wasn't long before a tall man with short blonde hair walked into the castle. I kept hidden and watched as he walked towards Ra's al Ghul. I slowly followed behind him and frowned as I made it to the top of the room and listened to them talk.

"The two people in the corners can come out I saw them when I walked in." Damien said calmly.

I went to move but watched as two other league members came out of hiding.

"Anymore for me to find?"

"No." Ra's said calmly.

They continued to talk for awhile before Ra's let out a laugh and I frowned. 

"What is so funny?" Damien asked with a frown.

"Look around and tell me if you can find my last assassin." He said as he leaned back in his chair.

I watched as Damien looked around the room and he frowned as he looked at Ra's.

"Is this a trick?"

"No, you see... I can't even find her... that is what is so funny." Ra's said as he let out another laugh.

I was motioned to come out of hiding and I quickly jumped down from my spot and landed in front of Damien. I saw his eyes go wide and then he cleared his throat.

"I see you have some good assassins." Damien said as he went back to his seat.

"Yes, and she is going to be given to you as a peace offering."

I looked at Ra's shocked and he sent me a look.

"I don't need any more people." Damien said calmly.

"She will be your personal guard and I swear that she will not turn on you, as long as we are allies of course."

"Fine, but know that I don't trust you girl." Damien said looking at me.

I nodded my head and soon my new life as his bodyguard began. It wasn't hard to watch his back, he normally had everything handled before I got there, but there were times I had to stop assassins from killing him in his sleep. Not long after I joined him he met his wife, Ruvé, and they soon had Nora.

"(Y/n)! Come play with me!" Nora exclaimed as she dragged me behind her.

I let out a laugh as she had me go to her room for a tea party. I soon heard her door open and looked from the corner of my eye to see Ruvé rush in with a frown on her face.

"Nora! Your room is a mess!" She snapped as she glared down at her.

"I'll clean it up." Nora said as she stood up.

"I want it clean before I get back in ten minutes." She snapped as she walked out of the room.

I saw tears stream down Nora's face and I crouched down and sent her a smile.

"I'll help you.. so don't cry it will be alright." I said as I sent her a smile.

In ten minutes the room was cleaned and we set back down for tea. Soon Ruvé walked in and I frowned as she glared at Nora.

"It's still dirty, why haven't you put that tea set away. You ungrateful child!" She snapped as she pulled her hand back.

I quickly jumped up and grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"If you ever lay a hand on that girl, I'll kill you." I growled out.

I pushed her away and she quickly ran out of the room. I saw Nora with her head in her lap and I crouched to her height.

"It's okay, I swear I'll never let anyone hurt you." I said softly.

She quickly hugged me and I let out a sigh as she started to cry.

"Please don't let her hit me again." She whispered.

We soon started a tea party again and this time it was interrupted by Damien walking in.

"Nora could I borrow your guest?" He asked with a small smile.

"Do I get her back?" She asked with a frown.

"Yes." He said with a small laugh.

I followed Damien out of the room and he glared down at me.

"Why did Ruvé just come to me saying you threatened her life?" He asked angrily.

"Because I did."

"Why?"

"Because you gave me the job to protect Nora, and that means I'll protect her from her abusive mother who beats her for being a child." I said sternly.

"Ruvé hit Nora?" He asked shocked.

"I haven't seen it but she nearly did it when I caught her hand and threatened her.... Nora begged me not to let her hit her again." I said softly.

"I'll take care of this, return to my daughter." He said as he turned and walked away.

After that Ruvé left and no one knew where she had went. It wasn't long before I got a message about the alliance with Damien ending and I knew I would soon have to leave.

"Nora I need to borrow (Y/n) again." He said softly.

I held my breath as I followed him out of the room. We soon stopped and he let out a sigh.

"Ra's has ended our alliance..... you may leave whenever you please." He said softly.

He turned to walk away but I stopped him.

"What if I want to stay?" I asked in a whisper.

He turned to look at me and I cleared my throat.

"What if I don't want to leave... what if I want to stay here and protect... Nora... and you?" I asked softly.

"Ra's would never allow it.... He would hunt you down."

"I'll take the risk."

"Why?" He asked softly.

"Because... because I love Nora.... and I.. love you." I said as I looked up at him.

His eyes went wide then he let out a laugh.

"That was a horrible thing to tell me."

"Why?"

"Because now... I'm never letting you go." He said as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine in a gentle kiss.