||11|| Truth

Lennox was in the kitchen making dinner and Vida was sitting on the couch laughing at a comedy when a knock came to her door. She made no move to answer knowing that Lennox was closer, and her show held all her attention. It was when she heard a female voice that Vida finally looked up. Standing in the doorway with her arms crossed was the woman she had saw over a week ago. She looked as beautiful as ever but the scowl she wore took away from it.

Vida stood from her sofa and walked over to the door. Standing behind Lennox, she placed a hand on his shoulder and he tensed. The woman looked at Vida with disgust and snarled like a beast at her.

"I want to know what the fuck she's doing with her hands on my mate." The woman said as she shook violently.

"Mate?" Vida said as she looked up to Lennox. That was the second time she had heard that term and she wanted to know what it meant.

"Yes, mate you are fucking whore, and if you don't want to lose that your hand I suggest you keep it to your damn self." The woman's words were harsh, and Vida felt the need to punch her in the face. Taking a step forward Vida raised her hand but when Lennox wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her back, she stopped.

"Lennox," The woman said with horror in her eyes and voice. "what in the gods name do you think you are doing? Let go of that woman and come back to the pack. Why are you doing this? Don't you love me?"

Suddenly Vida felt sick. Was she the mistress in marital quell? Was Lennox using her? As if reading her mind Lennox kissed her temple and turned her around.

"You are no mistress LaVida. She is my ex-wife. Nothing more, and she bares the child of one of my employees." Vida gasp and she heard the woman gasp behind her.

"Oh, Samantha did you think I was some fool? We are not bonded, and although I did love you enough to marry you, my true mate is here now. So please go and have all the fun you want with my dear brother." Lennox words were mocking and harsh.

Silence fell between them and Vida turned to face Samantha. When she did, Samantha's eyes zeroed in on the curve of her neck and widen with absolute horror.

"Y-You marked her?" She screamed while pointing an accusing finger at them both.

"Marked me?" Vida said as she looked back to Lennox. "What is she talking about Lennox, and what is a mate? I'm so confused."

"LaVida, I'll explain everything once Samantha is gone."

"Oh, so the bitch doesn't know huh? So, you decided to leave her in the dark, until when? Until she falls into heat, or she shifts for the first time."

Vida furrowed her eyebrows as the conversation got even more confusing. She looked back to Lennox and then Samantha.

"Go." She said sternly as she looked at Samantha. "Go before I fucking make you."

Samantha opened her mouth to say something but was cut off when Vida violently pushed her backward before slamming the door in her face. After locking it she turned back to Lennox who gave her a wary look.

"Start talking or you can get out too."

She watched as he let out heavy sigh. He then walked over to the oven and turned it off before walking back over to her and grabbing her hand. Taking them both to the couch, he sat her down and sat beside her.

"Before I begin, please understand that nothing I tell you will ever be a lie. I intend to be fully honest with you." Vida nodded her head and turned so she could properly look at him.

"Do you believe in mythology?"

"What?" Vida said, confused at the question.

"Like mythological beings and creatures."

"Lennox, just spit it out." The impatient woman said with a huff as she folded her arms over her chest.

"I'm a Lycan." As the words rang out in the room, Vida sat still trying to register them. She had read enough werewolf novels to know a little but given that no one ever wrote about lycanthropy she assumed that they "died out". Silence filled the area and Vida turned to see Lennox eyeing her with concern.

"LaVida."

"I don't understand? You are a lycanthrope...like a werewolf?"

"No, werewolves are the crossbred of humans and lycanthrope. I am the last pure lycanthrope, or at least I was."

"Was?"

"Yes. The bite on your neck is my mark. I claimed you as my mate and in that, I injected my DNA into you. You will now slowly develop my abilities until you encounter your first shift."

"But wouldn't that make me a werewolf?"

"No, I'm of pure blood and I transferred pure blood into you. If we would have had a child without me marking and changing you, then our child would have been a werewolf."

Vida's head began to swim and before she knew it, she had shot up to her feet.

"I-I uh, I don't know what your saying. This can't be real. You can't be.... oh god. Oh god." Vida started hyperventilating and shaking violently. Her muscles began to ache, and she fell to her knees. Pain radiated through every part of her body and when she looked up at Lennox, he was smiling.

"W-what's happening." She groaned as the pain as quickly as it started, slowly subsided. Lennox picked her up bridal style and sat back down on the couch. He rubbed his fingers up and down Vida's back and peppered her face with kisses. His touch was electric and vibrated ever ounce of her...straight to her soul.

"Your shift is coming. Every day the pain will get a little worse. I will be beside you every step of the way." Vida's listened to his words as her breathing calmed. When she felt slightly normal again. She pulled back and looked into Lennox's eyes.

"I think I need to be taken to a physic ward. This can not be happening. You can't be real..." Lennox laughed at her comment and Vida couldn't help but smile a little.

"You are not crazy. If you want proof I can show you."

"No!" Vida countered immediately as she frantically shook her head back and forth. "I have to process this first before seeing you in that state. So please don't change yet. Now, tell me more about the mark?" The woman shuddered as Lennox ran his fingertips across the mark.

"This is a symbol of my adoration and my claim over you. Whenever any other supernatural creature sees this, they will know you are taken. Not only that, they will smell me on you." Vida furrowed her eyebrows, but she understood.

"Can I mark you?" She said playfully to lighten the mood. A yelp of surprise excited her when Lennox picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

"Lennox!" She said through her fit of giggles as she smacked his back. "What about dinner?!" A deep growl left the man lips right before he said something that made liquid heat pool from her pussy.

"Oh, don't worry baby. I'm about to eat."