FIELD TRIP

"this is the umpteenth time..." the headmaster's lecture fell to deaf ears, as neither of the teenagers — quite frankly — gave a shit about what she was talking about. they were content with staring down at their sneaker-clad feet, kicking each other from under the desk.

    "and i am — excuse me, gentlemen!" they peered up at the fuming headmaster, ms. lee. she was a strict woman, who took no bullshit from students, them included.

    "i am sick and tired of you two being sent to my office for..." she struggled to find the correct term that suited their unusual relationship, "f-for your foolish behavior! i cannot stress enough how important your actions will reflect in the school's reputation and won't tolerate this any further!"

    they rolled their eyes and muttered under their breath. as if she had the power — taehyung's father invested so much in their school, he practically owned it. meanwhile, jeongguk's family came from a long line of business — with the connections they had, she could be fired within a snap of a finger.

"and so," she paused, an evil sneer on her face, looking remarkably similar to the wicked witch of the west, "i have asked permission from each of your respective parents if i could discipline you. to which great pleasure, they agreed— no doubt tired of your shenanigans." gesturing at their bruised and battered faces with obvious disdain.

they froze in pure horror — n-no, surely they wouldn't —

headmaster lee continued with a triumphant expression, "you'll be forced to spend two weeks with each other and are expected to complete all school material, of course. but, for your sake, think of it as a little vacation."

jeongguk paled, he coughed, "sorry, ms. lee. but, how long did you say? t-two —"

taehyung glared at him, "she said two weeks, headass. didn't you fucking hear her?"

    jeongguk scowled, wrinkling his nose in ferocity, "shut —"

    ms. lee slammed her hand down, "enough! your trip starts right now, pack your bags because the car is waiting outside for your departure!"

    taehyung's breath caught in his throat, "wait, ms. lee, surely —"

    she simply turned her shoulder, shooing them away, "get out of my office, mr. kim. you too, mr. jeon."