OLD SKOOL

EIGHT YEARS AGO

jeongguk gave the bottle a spin, the ten year olds watched the glass, awaiting its decision, partly in anxiousness and the other, fascination.

the bottle landed on taehyung, jeongguk gulping nervously. he looked at hoseok for instruction, who had innocently proposed playing the game after seeing his older brother and his friends do it, "what do i do, now?"

    hoseok grinned brightly, clapping his hands together, "isn't it obvious? you give him on kiss on the lips!"

he tilted his head, cheeks puffing out adorably, lisp slipping out, "a kisth?" poor jeongguk had never seen his parents doing anything intimate, let alone see them on a daily basis. he was totally clueless on what this 'kiss' was, despite being ten years of age.

   taehyung let out a gasp, throwing his small hands in the air in disbelief, "oh, gguk! you don't know what a kiss is?" taehyung watched jeongguk pout and shake his head, shyly. "a kiss is like a peck. my parents give me one on my cheek everyday!"

    jeongguk's pout grew bigger, his parents never gave him kisses. "oh..." he muttered, pulling at the strands of carpet, sulking.

   jimin slapped at his hands, "what are you doing? you have to kiss taetae!"

   jeongguk's doe eyes widened, front teeth digging into his bottom lip, "huh? oh." he leaned over the center, placing a quick peck on taehyung's cheek, pulling away in a flash. he turned his head away, praying the red flush on his cheeks to fade soon.

namjoon hit him on the back, whining, "aw, c'mon! you have to do it on the lips, that was the cheek!"

taehyung shook his head, face equally red as jeongguk's, "s'fine, he kissed me. i —"

jin and jimin shushed him, "it has to be on the lips or it doesn't count! quit being cheaters!"

    yoongi, who was observing the whole encounter silently, finally spoke up, "just do it, gguk. it's not like it's a big deal, it's just a game."

jeonggguk nodded, taking in his words. yoongi was right, it wasn't that big of a deal, until you take account of jeongguk's huge crush on taehyung and vice versa. the more jeongguk thought about it, the more panicked he was because gosh, taehyung was just so pretty and why is he suddenly so close — ?

    taehyung squished his cheeks together, giving him a duck face. jeongguk's orbs widened to their fullest extent, while taehyung's eyes fluttered shut as their puckered lips met. it lasted for a good four seconds, but it felt like a fleeting moment for the two. they pulled apart, eyes sparkling, chubby cheeks flushing sweetly.

    someone exclaimed a "finally!" in the background and continued the game, but neither paid attention. it was like only the two of them existed in the world, at that moment. it was perfect. they were perfect.

    ... what happened?