Chapter 23: More Then Life Itself

"That's a stupid question Eiji.. I love you more than anything in existence and you know that. I've been looking for you constantly, nonstop these pass two years.." Bakugou said still holding onto him. He needed to get through to Kirishima. After all he had been through, Eijirou deserved nothing but the best is how he felt. "Katsuki.. I think maybe you should just let me go. It's inevitable that we're going to have to fight each other at this point.." The former red head said pulling away.

KIRISHIMA POV
"Let you go.. That's not a fucking option Eijirou!" Ah Katsuki was so sweet. I really love him, which is why I need him to leave. "Katsuki.. you don't understand.." I said on the verge of tears. I didn't want to leave, but if I didn't get back soon they'd call a hit on my former classmates, the people important to me, and above all Katsuki himself. "I want you to come back with me idiot!" He yelled out as my heart tore. "I can't Katsuki! You can't save me this time! I'm not Red Riot and I'm hardly Eijiro Kirishima!" I yelled back in a rage.

Something was beeping in my pocket. My phone had been bugged it seemed. Whoever was listening had heard everything and was attempting to eliminate both of us now. I took my phone and chucked it as far as I could before it blew up mid-air. Katsuki just stared at me, almost as if I had done that on purpose. I instinctively grabbed his hand and pulled him into a park. The same one we met at almost four years ago now.

BAKUGOU POV
"Eiji what the fuck was that!?" I said pulling away from him. "I'm being tracked as we speak Suki.. I betrayed the league by seeing you.." Kirishima looked at me with fear stricken eyes. This was it. I needed to be his hero, just as he was mine. "Calm down Eiji.. I'm going to protect you no matter what okay? You can trust me right?" I said pulling him in for a quick kiss. My soulmate just nodded and held onto me for a moment before we heard a few explosions go off. "Shit.. we gotta head to UA and gear up. I have a feeling that they let you out today for a reason.." I said hastily as I held his hand and started running back to UA with him.

NORMAL POV
Bakugou and Kirishima made it back to the main school building where their classmates were suiting up. Both of them walked into where the guys were changing. Kaminari and Sero were the first to notice Kirishima, followed by Midoriya, Todoroki, and Aoyama. "Holy shit Kiri!" The darker blonde said latching on him for a hug. "Oh my god Kirishima, y- you're alive.." the green haired boy said tearing up and joining in. "Yeah.. I am." The red head said purging out any bad thoughts and holding them back.

"Dude.. what happened?" Sero said noticing his physical shape had changed. Kirishima was skinnier and had a lot of scars scattered around him. "It's a long story.. but the League of Villains captured me and made me do..." he started to tear up. Bakugou felt like he needed to protect his lover and grabbed his hand tight as if to say it's okay. You don't have to say anything. "They made me act like a villain.. and they tested me, tortured me... and threatened me. I- I'm sorry.. everyone. I was almost convinced I had become a real villain and I- I'm sorry I worried you all!" The dark haired teen exclaimed as he leaned over and held onto Katsuki tight.

"Eijirou.. I think I speak for everyone when I say, it's not your fault. We're all happy to have you back." Katsuki whispered as he ran his hand through Eijirou's hair. A chorus of agreement could be heard throughout the guy's changing room. Kirishima felt really reassured by everyone. He felt loved again.

Katsuki eventually let go and kissed the slightly shorter's lips quickly before getting dressed in his latest hero costume. Kirishima wasn't too sure what he should be doing. He hadn't put his hair up in a very long time so he did that and then turned to Bakugou. "You wouldn't happen to have my hero suit would you Suki?" Eijirou said as he flashed a genuine smile. Katsuki couldn't help but smile back. He absolutely adored that smile. His sunshine was finally back to him. "Of course I do- I had no doubts you'd be back gorgeous.." This caused the former red head to blush a bit. He hadn't been complimented in a while.

Bakugou had Kirishima's hero suit in his locker and handed it to him. "I hope it still fits.." he whispered and put it on. He was skinnier, but taller if that made sense. The top part and the shoes fit, but the pants looked a little short. Oh well. It was no big deal. "So it kind of still fits." Bakugou laughed a little. "Yeah sorta.. I didn't really get to tell you earlier, but you're seriously hot Katsuki! It's no fair!" Kirishima was half joking. Katsuki was really hot. He was muscular and so god damn handsome. The ash blonde was taller and had looked more grown up. It was like Kirishima was almost falling in love all over again. He felt a little saddened that he didn't live up to his potential like his soulmate. "Oh please.. you're still as cute as when I first saw you." The blonde said meaning it. "..and you know scars are manly as fuck! I hate whoever gave them to you, but I'll love every single one of them." Eijirou just fell into Katsuki's arms and fought off crying again. He loved Katsuki so much. If there was a way to make things right he would do it.

Eijirou knew exactly what he wanted now. In fact, he had a few goals in mind, and they were:

Keep Katsuki alive at all cost,
make sure he graduates this week,
propose after graduation,
marry him like they promised.

//soooo it's been awhile but this book is almost over I only planned two more chapters before a short epilogue and the sequel book to come out enjoy!!