H.H -School Rivalries (Part 2)

Screams echoed through the school grounds. Blood covered the walls and floors. There was nowhere to hide anymore. Nowhere was safe. Your heart thumped against your ribcage as you ran through the rubble.

You skidded to a halt when a man in a black cloak had their wand pointed at you. "You blood traitor. " He screamed. You jumped to the side when a blast of green was aimed at you.

"Filthy death eater!" You screamed back. You jumped to your feet and fired an offensive spell. The death eater flew across the room and smashed into the wall.

"Y/n! Y/n!" You turned around to the voice yelling your name. You reached out as Hermione Granger stopped in front of you.

"What is it, Granger?"

"Y/n, it's- it's-"

"It's what?" You narrowed your eyes. There was a war going on and you had much bigger things to deal with."

"Y/n. Your Father-"

You bolted from the bed, a loud scream bounced off the walls. The door slammed open. Miss Hardbroom stood in the doorway, her black robe tied hastily at the waist. "Y/n," she breathed. She placed the lantern on the concrete floor and raced to your bed.

She pulled you into her chest as you cried. Stoking your hair while holding you close to her body. "He's dead. They're dead. I'm alone."

"You are not alone y/n. I am here. We are family."

----------------------------

You were dressed in your best clothes, waiting for the students of Hogwarts to walk through the entrance halls. "I do not see why I have to be here Miss Cackle,"

"Because you are an old student of Hogwarts. You know both of our ways,"

"So I am an ice-breaker?" You sighed. "Great."

Miss Hardbroom glared at you. You shook off the stare and turned your attention to the open doors that Hogwarts students were currently filling. You smiled when you saw your old transfiguration teacher. "Professor McGonagall,"

"Y/n Snape!" Professor McGonagall gasped. "It has been a long time."

You nodded your head and rushed down the few steps to hug your old professor. Minerva pulled away and gave you a solemn look.

"Y/n if I knew that you were, after all these years, I wouldn't..." the old woman trailed off.

"Wouldn't what? Professor,"

Professor McGonagall opened her mouth but someone else's voice - a familiar voice, call your name. The Hogwarts headmistress stepped to the side and you were faced with none other than Draco Malfoy. He wore a blue shirt with black slacks.

"Malfoy," you whispered. He stepped forward to reach for you but your Aunt stepped in between the two of you.

"You have your third-year y/n. Do not leave them waiting."

"Of course Miss Hardbroom," you said before disappearing into thin air.

You stood in front of the class, leaning back onto the desk. "Now I do not need to remind you all that though you are third years, to remain in my classes you will need to have a grade of B or higher. I know this may seem harsh, but ancient runes and arithmancy are no joke. I am sorry but this is for the best."

"I wonder who could that be to," Ethel said snarkily while looking at Mildred. You narrowed your eyes and glared at your student. After the previous night, you were in no mood to deal with any sort of commotion.

"Tell me then Ethel Hallow," you stormed up to her desk and pulled up the emerald sleeve of your skin-tight shirt to below your elbow. The tattoo on your wrist was exposed. "This symbol, what does it mean?"

Ethel, along with everyone else gasped as you raised your voice. Ethel stumbled on her words until she admitted she didn't know the answer. You shook your head and called on Mildred Hubble.

"I- I don't know Miss,"

"I don't believe that Mildred," you pressed and showed her the symbol. "Have a go."

"Well you said what it means, and that symbol is not in the textbook."

"Correct. So what does that mean?"

"Well, it means that it is more than one symbol. If you separate the symbols, you have more than one symbol."

"Correct Mildred. Do you know what symbols they could be?"

Mildred stared at your arm and then started drawing the symbols on the paper in front of her. When she was done she showed the paper to you. "Your symbols spell out wolf. So the symbol on your arm means wolf."

"Well done Mildred." You gave her a small smile. You turned around, your black skirt swishing around your legs. "Can anyone tell me what a wolf represents?"

"Wolves are protectors," Ethel called. Her chin to the air, a smug look on her face. "Wolves are usually found in a pack, led by their alpha. For example, in class, I will be the alpha because I am the top student in the year."

You slammed your hand on your desk. "Ethel Hallow. I have had quite enough of you. My Aunt may favour you, but in my classroom, I do not appreciate loudmouth know-it-alls. It is great that you know some of the content of what I am trying to teach, but instead of being a brat about it. Allow others to try."

"But Miss-"

"What now!" You stormed up to Ethel and towered over her. You raised your head and glared at the classroom. Letting out a breath, you unclenched your fists as you realised that you had scared the class. You quickly spun around and placed your hands on your teacher's table in front of you.

"Aunty," you whispered. "I need you."

Not a second later Miss Hardbroom stood tall at the back of the classroom. "Back to work girls!" She demanded. The students quickly re-opened their books while she walked down the few steps to you.

"What is wrong?" She placed a hand

"I-I don't know. I yelled at them. I never yell at the girls."

"It seems like having Mister Malfoy here is having a greater effect on you than you realise,"

"What do I do Aunty?"

"Go take a walk. I'll look after your class,"

You nodded and disappeared.

"Miss Hardbroom?"

"What is it now Ethel Hallow?"

"I- we were wondering, why is Miss Snape acting not herself?"

"I do not believe that is any of your concern-" Miss Hardbroom stopped when she heard a scream then a few curse words. "Y/n," she said then disappeared. The girls all looked at each other before racing out of the classroom.