Gone.

"Wait, you knew him? Personally?"

"I knew all of them," he murmured. "At least, I thought I did. Once. A long time ago."

"What were they like?"

Some crumpled copy of a smile overtook Keith's face. "They were going to change the world."

And around them, the world burned.

Shiro, Pidge, Lance, and Hunk had been Keith's best friends, once upon a time. They were all joined at the hip, doing everything in their power to be around each other. They all just enjoyed each others company. Everything was perfect.

Until it wasn't. Until they disappeared, and Keith was left with a lonely heart and a sad soul. They had been the mystery of the town, it was mortifying to think if Keith had gone with them, he would be gone, too. But at the same time, it wasn't. If Keith had decided to join them and go to the park at 1am maybe he would still be with them.

Maybe he wouldn't be stuck spending the rest of his life having people look at him as if he had just killed someone. Everyone had assumed Keith had something to do with the incident. That he knew something about what happened to the golden kids of Garrison High. But he honestly didn't. He knew jackshit about where they went, or where they were going.

They had made it seem urgent that he come, but he knew his mom wouldn't let him, even if he begged. It was a Tuesday, a school night.

Then they all disappeared, never to be seen again. The police did everything they could to find the four missing teens, only to come up with nothing. They dragged the lake, they searched every inch of the forests, they looked in the mountains.

May 4th, 2016, they went missing. Never to be seen again. Here one second, gone the next.

Keith wondered how he ended up here, standing on this cliff. This was where they had wanted him to meet them, but no, he hadn't come.

Now he would hopefully disappear, too.