1: Crisis In The Midst Of The Summer Sun

Disclaimer: I don't own Prince of Tennis and Detective Conan. They belong to their respective authors.

Author's note: This chapter will most likely be the introduction of some of the original characters that I included here. So I hope you like it... read and review it as well... Anyway, sorry for the late update. I just finished my prelim exam and I have to focus on my projects first since I have to maintain my grades.

Warning: The characters might not be in their usual selves. I forgot to put this the last time.

XXXXXX

Beika District...

It was the day after the big storm that hit more than a third of Japan. So far, the storm left only minimal damage to the infrastructure and agriculture. And it stopped just before dawn. Miraculously, the sun shone brightly after that, revealing the beautiful scenery of the morning despite the visible effects of the storm.

And of course, the kids were happy because the storm was now over. As soon as the sun came out, the kids played outside.

Among those kids was a certain group consisting of 6 people known as the Detective Boys.

Well, originally they were only consisting of 5 members. The reason they now consisted of 6 was because of a new member who happened to be a transfer student and the cousin of Edogawa Conan... err... She was supposed to be the cousin of Kudo Shinichi but since he had been shrunk, she was now known as the cousin of Conan. This new member was 9-year-old 4th grader Shinomiya Kourin (a), more often called Rin by her family and close friends.

The Detective Boys were currently playing outside Professor Agasa Hiroshi's house since they agreed to have grilled barbeque as lunch for their "picnic".

Conan, Mitsuhiko, and Genta arranged the grill to be used for the barbeque grilling, while Ayumi, Haibara, and Kourin, along with the professor, prepared the ingredients for the barbeque. The kids were playing board games outside as the professor grilled the barbeque.

"I'm glad the storm was finally over. I got bored these past days," Ayumi said and then took her turn to play.

Mitsuhiko nodded as a sign of agreeing. "Tell me about it. I couldn't go out to go here so I can play with Conan-kun."

Conan just smiled with half-moon eyes. 'I was more than glad that the storm struck. I never have to spend at least 3 days with them,' he thought as he took his turn to play.

"What about you, Genta-kun?" Mitsuhiko asked.

Genta sighed and took his turn to play after Conan. "I just stayed inside the house sleeping almost all day. When I woke up, I always got hungry so I ate almost all the food in the house."

"Eh?! Almost all the food?" The girls exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah!" Genta proudly said that made the others laugh.

The girls shook their heads and smiled. "Oh, Genta-kun... you never change," Ayumi commented while giggling. She then faced Haibara and Kourin. "What about you two? What did you do these past days during the storm?"

Haibara and Kourin stared at each other and then smiled at Ayumi. "Both of us helped each other in our projects (b)," Haibara answered with a faint smile.

"Projects? What kind?" Genta asked.

Kourin wagged her finger. "That would be a big S-E-C-R-E-T." And then she winked.

The others were puzzled but only Conan and Professor Agasa knew exactly what kind of project were they working on.

Conan could only laugh in his mind.