part 1

"come on!" chloe says, eagerly. "we're going to be late!" she's getting on me because i'm taking forever to tie my shoe.

"damn okay. look i'm done." i told her, motioning to her to look down at my shoes.

"okay, lets go!" she said as we speed walked down to class.

luckily, we made it down to the class in time. i take my notebook out before i copy down the notes for the day. chole does the same thing as me and copies too.

her and i sit right next to each other in class and we've been like this since the beginning of the year. we never actually talk in class so we never move.

while i'm taking notes, here comes the most popular jocks of all in the whole 12th grade. jacob sartorius and joey birlem.

jacob is always off and on with millie brown because he cheats on her when he goes to parties. she still goes back to him when he messes up. everyone thinks she's too attached.

joey on the other hand, is always focused on his football career. i mean i can see why, he's the teams quarterback and is trying to get scholarships. if he's not busy with football, he's flirting and smashing every girl in sight.

they both sit at the very back of the room and do what everyone else is doing and takes notes.

chloe and i have our own little nick names for the two; tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb. i came up with them.

i hear joey and jacob whispering about something while the teacher is teaching. i turn around and put my finger on my lips, signaling them to shut up.

jacob rolls his eyes at me and continues to talk to joey. they're so ignorant. it's like their last two bain cells fight against each other non-stop. it's so annoying.

class ends and we head to our second period, gym. the gym teacher said that we have a free day which means we can do anything we want.  

chloe and i walk around the track field in our gym uniforms while the boys play football and the girls play volleyball and some run the track.

"the tweedles are so annoying, aren't they?" i asked, but she didn't answer. she was too busy looking at zach clayton.

zach is her crush right now, he's been her crush since the first month of school. his nickname, or what he wants everyone to call him, is badzach. it's literally like so stupid.

"i'm sorry what were you saying?" she asked.

"nevermind, did you do the homework for mrs. smith." i asked her.

"yeah." she says.

"you did? can i-"

"go along!"

something hits my head hard and i hit the ground, making my vision blurry. i lay there on the ground as i see a light go across my eyes. that was weird. my is throbbing so hard right now.

i open my eyes and see faces of my gym class hover over my face.

"shit. i'm so sorry." i hear.

i sit up and realize who said it, joey birlem. i look down next to me and see a football. this douche literally chuckled a football to my head.

the gym teacher comes up to me and puts out a hand for me to grab. i grab her hand and she helps me up.

these kids are so annoying. i hear from the gym teacher, but her lips aren't moving.

"i'm sorry what?" i said, maybe i'm just imagining things.

"i didn't say anything. let's get you to the nurse, you may have a concussion." she says.

joey comes up at me as i'm about to walk away. he touches my shoulder

i hope she's okay. joey says, but his lips aren't moving just like the gym teachers.

"i am so sorry." joey says. okay what the hell is going on?

i don't answer him. i'm speechless about what's going on. they're lips aren't moving when they talk.

+

"your sister is going to pick you up." says the nurse as she writes down some things on a paper. she should be here in a few.

i lean back in the chair and get on my phone. i text chole knowing that it's lunch time.

me
12:01
"hey"

she doesn't take long to text back considering that her best friend is in the nurse.

chloe
12:02
"oh my gosh, clementine. are you okay??"

me
12:03
"i'm fine. aliyah is coming to pick me up since my mom and dad can't."

chloe
12:04
"okay we'll get home safe. call me when you get home."

me
12:05
"okay."

speaking of which, aliyah comes through the door and runs up to me and hugs me.

she's always getting into trouble. i knew aliyah didn't say that. it's like it's in my head and not out loud. it's like that voice that everyone has in their heads except i have another voice in my head instead of one.

———————————————————

new book !!!  you guys like it?