part 9

{30 votes till next chapter}

the next day i wait for joey on my front porch. i can't believe that i'm actually doing this. this is deadass blackmail. i'm being blackmailed into dating someone.

we're not even dating, it's just a scam to the public eye. i should've known i should've went on that date with joey.

i wouldn't be in this stupid situation if it weren't for him throwing that stupid ball. because of him, i can read people's minds.

he's always late to picking me up. it's cold as hell, my parents already left for work, aliyah is at school, and his bitch ass doesn't even show up on time.

i told him 7:00 and it's almost 7:30. the tardy bell rings at 7:45 and i already know i'm going to be late.

i thought i was catching feelings but turns out i actually despise him with a passion. all he's doing is just using me to prove his friend wrong.

i mean that's all i am anyways; something you use temporary and then just throw away. why am i here if i'm just being used all the time?

after 2 minutes of waiting, a car pulls up in front of my house. it wasn't joey's car, it was jacob sartorius' car.

jacob rolled down the window and smirked at me. "get in baby. we only have 15 minutes!" im not your baby dipshit.

i rolled my eyes and got into the back with him. i looked into the front and saw millie in the passsenger seat with jacob in the driving seat.

jacob looked at me through the window. "i can't believe joey has a girlfriend."

i buckled my seat belt and nodded while fake smiling. "yep that's me...his girlfriend alright." sadly.

"when did you guys start dating?" she asked with her british accent. i never found knew where she got it from but i know that jacob just dies for that.

joey put his arm around me. i know you can hear me. if you tell anyone, i will make the school think you're a freak. "since yesterday." he said as he took his arm off of me.

i look at him as regret took over me. he looked at me, knowing that i heard him. i nodded and looked up at millie, "yup. he asked me out yesterday." i can't believe i'm doing this.

as we got to school, i walked up to the school with joeys fingers laced with mine. act like you're in love with me.

i looked up at him, "you can just talk to me you know that right?" i let go of his hand and brushed it against my leg, "your hands are clammy anyways."

he looked down and chuckled, "whatever you say."

+

at lunch, i couldn't sit with chloe because i have to sit with jOeY. he said that he wanted to show me off to his friends so everyone can get the idea that we're dating.

we're literally lying to the whole school. between us, we're nothing but just friends. i'm not even his friend, i don't like him at all. but to everyone else, we're this happy couple.

as i'm sitting down, i get a text from chloe.

chloe
"since when are you dating joey birlem???"

i can't do this, i don't want to lie to my bestfriend. i tell her everything, literally freaking everything.

me
"since yesterday, why?"

i know she's disappointed, i would be too.

chloe
"just wondering. don't do anything you don't want to do though. you know how he is."

that's exactly what i'm doing; i'm being forced into doing something that i don't wanna do. i'm freaking dating someone that i don't like.

me
"okay, will do. you wanna hang out today after school?"

at least i can still talk and hand out when her.

chloe
"i can't, i have piano lessons."

nevermind then.

———————————————————-

poor clem :'(