part 18

+clem

I woke up to the sound of air, realizing that it was the air conditioning in the room.

Looking around the room at my surroundings, I realized I was in a hospital room.

I looked down at my hand and saw that I was hand cuffed to the hospital bed, a long with stitches on my arm.

"What the hell?" I said to myself, almost a whisper.

I looked at my arm again and saw many stitches along on my forearm. It looked deep and painful.

At the corner of the room, I saw chloe sleeping. Her head was laying against the arm of the chair and her eyes were closed.

I started to rattle with the handcuff on my arm, shaking it hysterically. By doing that, I woke up chloe.

She looked at me and her face lit up. "Jesus, clem you scared me." She says, getting up from the chair and hugging me.

I rubbed my eyes with the other hand that wasn't cuffed. "Why is my hand in handcuffs to the bed?" I asked.

"Just in case you try to escape when they tell you." She says.

"Tell me what?" I says, confused.

"You have to go to a mental hospital." I hear from the doorway. I looked over and saw a man in a white suit, perhaps my doctor.

"What?" I say, still confused.

"You're going to mental hospital mrs. Anderson. " he says, giving me a 'I feel bad for you' look.

I looked at chloe and she looked down, not looking at me. "W- you're not even gonna do anything?!" I said to her. "I cant go! I'm fine!"

"Clementime, you cut yourself. You're depressed and you need help." Chloe says, making me mad.

"I'm fine. I'm completely fine." I said.

"C-" I cut her off

"Just leave chloe. You dont even talk to me anymore ever since I started dating Joey." I say, saying the truth.

"I'll just leave you two some space." Says the doctor, leaving the room and shutting it.

"You dont know what you're talking about! You're psycho dating him anyways." She says.

I scoff, "says you! Zach doesn't even want your dumbass but I dont say anything because I'm a good friend!"

Her face dropped, "what?"

"Why cant you just be happy for me chloe? I do everything for you just to put a smile on your face and all I get back is you ignoring me because I'm with joey." I said.

"I am happy for you! I just dont like you with him because hes gonna break your heart like he did to all the other girls!" She yells

"I'm not gonna break her heart." I hear. I turn my head and see joey standing there with his eyes all puffy.

"Chloe, just because I broke your heart doesn't mean I'm gonna break clementimes." He says, making me shocked. They were a thing?

"Since when were you-" I asked, getting cut off by chloe.

"Freshman year. I was in love with this asshole and he turned me down for some junior." She says, giving joey the stink eye.

"Is this why you hate me dating him so much? Because he rejected you?" I asked, getting mad even more.

"Yeah, I care about you so much that I dont want you to go through what I went through." She says.

"You know what? I was the one who found clem in the bathroom. If it wasn't for me then she would probably be dead!" Joey says. " so clem, dont listen to her because I care about you more than I cared about anyone in my fucking life."

We both turned our heads to joey. His jaw clenched and his hands were into fists. "What?" I say faintly.

"I'm done with this. Dont come crying to me when he leaves you for some other girl, clem." Chloe says, leaving and shutting the door behind me.