Chapter 1

Hermione's POV
The prince kisses his princess, awaking her from her slumber.....

"Hermione! Get off your butt and get out here!"

A voice broke me away from the book I was reading, 'Sleeping Beauty'. I look up to see my best friend running in, his raven-black hair bouncing with every step.

I roll my eyes, standing up, stretching my arms. I walk out side, Harry crashing into me. "Harry!" I shout, falling onto the ground with Harry on top of me. "Ughhh, Harry get off!" I say, pushing his shoulders so that I could get up.

"Sorry Hermione, but Ron fell off his broom and-" Harry never got to finish his sentence. I pushed past him, seeing Ron,  my boyfriend, laying on the ground, clutching his arm like his life depended on it. I help Ron into the Burrow, were Molly quickly attended to his arm. All the while, I was sitting in my room, thinking things over.

A few weeks ago, I felt as if being with Ron wasn't what I wanted. It felt like I was dating my brother. I pushed back any thoughts. No, now was not the time.

Harry came running into the room I was sharing with Ginny. I was startled by his entrance. "Harry, what is it?" I ask, but instead of getting a reply, he handed me a letter, addressed to me.

"I had gotten the same letter, it's from the Ministry and. I thought we should open them together" Harry has said, I quickly nodded, ripping open the envelope, folding open the paper.

Dear Hermione Granger;

Due to the unprecedented fall in the population during the Wizarding War, we have decided that we will create a new law, called the Marrige Law. This law states that a questionare will be requiared to be filled out tomorrow at the emergency gathering, for ages 18 and over, if not already married, to be assainged a suitable partner. You must be engaged by December, wed by June and pregnant by October. If you do not carry out these requests, your wands shall be snapped and you will be banned from the Wizarding world.

Sincerely,
Kingsley Shaklebolt,
    Minister of Magic. 

I re-read the letter over and over again, looking at Harry in disbelief. "Wow..." I breathed, shocked that the ministry would do this to kids. "I guess tomorrow we're going to the Ministry," Harry whispered, biting his lip subconsciously. "I guess so." I reply.

Time skip brought to you by Chocolate Frogs,,,, hmmmmm, chocolate frogs.....
It's still Hermione's POV ok.....

Harry, Ron, Ginny, Percy, Greorge and I all arrived at the Ministry the next morning, fearing the worst. What if I got stuck with Goyle, or another Slytherin goon. I surely hoped not.

We walk into the Ministry to see everyone sitting at desks, which filled the entire area. We each sit at a desk, feeling like we were back at Hogwarts again.

Kingsley Shaklebolt, walks up to the podium, using a charm to make his voice louder, he says, "hello and welcome to the last day of your single life. Today, you will take this test, wait upstairs for your results, and from here, you will be staying at the hotel across the street, which we bought and own, for your apartments to live in with your partners. You may begin your tests, NOW!!!"

I turn to the sheet of paper in my hands. It was a simple test, just fill in the holes.

(Italics are the questions, the underline is her answers)
What would your ideal guy be like?
My ideal guy would compete with my intellectually, and would not be rude but also stick up for himself. I would prefer is the guy loved to read as well but if not it's ok.