X | 𝑀𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑠 & 𝑀𝑒𝑡 𝐺𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑠

⊱ ────── ๑♡๑ ────── ⊰

~Flashback~

Your body shook with nerves as you awaited your turn. It was your second or third time walking the runway. A fashion show for charity wouldn't seem like a big deal to most, but the event was full of agents, publicists, and people connected in the industry.

"You might want to get a hold of yourself, you're shaking more than my chihuahua." You heard from behind you, it was the taunting voice of none other than Poppy Valencourt, typical spoiled heiress, who like you, had dreams of being a top model.

"J-just slight nerves is all. Aren't you even the slightest bit nervous?" you asked shyly.

"Me? Please," she scoffed. "Does someone who looks like me have anything to be nervous about?"

Before you could answer the event coordinator stepped in and called your group of girls, that included Poppy, to line up and get ready to walk.

"Poppy, you've got a loose thread on the strap. Fix it.", he told her.

"Ew, (Y/N) can you get it for me, I can't risk ruining my manicure."

"Sure."

Of course you helped her, despite how she had been less than pleasant. You understood how the stress of the business got to some people and gave her a pass.

"OMG, you're a life saver. Good luck out there girl."

She flashed you her pearly white smile and made her way out to the runway. You were taken aback at how sweet she suddenly was towards you only because of a small thing you did for her. You thought that perhaps the two of you could be friends, but you were very wrong.

When Poppy was halfway down the runway, the strap of her dress came undone. She composed herself and continued her walk until she got backstage and unleashed on anyone within shouting distance.

The little 'incident' did not go unnoticed by the press; soon after, publications like the Daily Mail and The Sun wrote articles making jokes about the moment. It even became a meme.

From that day on she hated you. Things got even worse when you found success in your modeling career whilst hers stalled and never quite took off.

She tormented you whenever she got the chance. From retweeting and spreading hate on social media, to trying to get you blacklisted from the industry by using her father's connections, all to no avail.

~End of Flashback~

"I really appreciate you stopping by to chat, I've really missed you", the sarcasm dripped out before you could control it, "but could you maybe not break into my flat next time? Thanks."

"I didn't break in silly. I see your bestie didn't tell you who lives in the penthouse. My daddy owns the building", your face dropped.

"I would have never moved here had I known. Now what do you want Poppy?"

"Did you fall off a runway and hit your head or something, because I made it clear what I want."

It was then that you noticed she held a glass of red wine in her hand, you looked over to the counter and sure enough, she had opened the bottle of Carménère given to you as a housewarming present.

You had to stop yourself from giggling, you couldn't believe she was serious. "I hate to disappoint but I don't own Tom, can't help you there," you shrugged.