Chapter 7

Noah
I didn't sleep much last night. Bria didn't sleep well either, she was definitely having night terrors. All I could do was comfort her whenever she'd wake up crying. I'm just glad she didn't decide to stay elsewhere because I'd hate to know how things would've turned out tonight had she not stayed here. Just holding her, making sure she was okay was my main priority right now.

I stroked her beautiful curls and her beautiful brown skin, something I missed doing when she slept. She moved herself close to my body, placed her forehead in the crook of my neck and let out a deep sigh. I rolled over and pulled her closer to me and held her; she needed me more than I thought.

I started to fall asleep but remembered my shift started in eight hours. I needed to get out of going into work so I could be here for her. I slowly moved away from her and slid out of bed, grabbed my phone and made my way to the kitchen. I turned on the dim light and grabbed a glass of water and took a small sip. I called Doctor Kingston, and surprisingly, he was awake.

"Doctor Westbrook, what can I do for you my boy?" He shouts into the phone.

"Good... uhm morning I guess. I needed to call out of my shift for the day. I have an important family matter that I need to take care of and it's not something I can tend to while at work. I hope you'd be ok with me taking the day off."

"Of course not Noah, I'll get one of the Doctors in to cover you. I do hope everything is ok and I hope your luck changes. I'm at the casino and my luck is pretty big tonight. Hey, how about I'll give you a bit of mine, son. Good night!"

"What an old man." I say with a slight chuckle. I take one more sip of water and feel hands running down my back and a cheek placed upon my skin and my body turns hot.

"Bria. What are you doing out of bed?"

"I reached for you and you weren't there so I woke up and came to find you." She says. I turned around to look at her and her beautiful light brown eyes are slightly red still.

"I'm sorry, I had to make a phone call to Mr. Kingston so I could take the day off. Let me grab some more water and meet me back in the room."

"Ok." She says as she walks away holding my hand.

I could see she had a million thoughts running through her head the one thing I wasn't feeling from her was resistance. I didn't want her to leave and face the reality of her life, not now. I watched as she stands in the center of the room, running her hands over the back of her neck as she bit her lip.

Bria started eyeing the bed, the Sam one I was laying in with her, the woman my heart longed for. She snapped back to reality she's he heard my footsteps coming down the hallway.

"Ready to get back to bed?" I say hugging her from behind as I rest my head next to her ear. I stepped back to take a sip of my water and caught her eyeballing me in a questionable way.

"Did you fuck anyone in this bed?" Her question threw me off guard and I choked on my sip of water. "That's a serious question Noah James." She says folding her arms.

"No Bria. The only person I've touched since I've been back and lived in this house was Cara. But she's never stepped foot inside of this house, she's never been allowed here."

She turned to look at me and analyzed my response; she knew I was telling her the truth and move closer to me. Bria stands as close to me as our bodies allow, and places her head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat was calming her tense body.

I wrapped my arms around her, gave her a gentle squeeze and placed another kiss at the top of her head and he pulled her head back slightly to look up at me. Dear god, she's always been the most beautiful being I've ever laid my eyes on. After all these years, I've never stopped loving her the way I did before she left.