Chapter 17

Wedding Day
Bria
Today was the day. A day I had looked forward to since the first time Noah James looked me in the eyes and said "I love you." The road to this moment has been long, emotional and overall worth the wait.

I woke up from my nap, alone in our bed and just laid looking out at the balcony and could see the serene mountains in the distance. I could hear the birds chirping and the catering people out in the backyard moving things around. We decided on a late afternoon ceremony and evening reception.

"Bria? It's time to get up sweetheart."

I groaned as I sat up to see my mom and Janelle walking into my room. I smiled, but said nothing as I had a million thoughts running through my head and it was making me nervous. I thought if I spoke I'd throw up.

"Now Bria, you can't be late to your own wedding darling. Please get up and shower."

"I'm gonna steam your gown and get your hair and makeup set up together. I'm not that great at makeup and hair but I'll do my best."

I gave her a smile and a nod as if to say thank you. I quickly stepped into the shower and began washing my hair and body. I began thinking that everything needed to be perfect today. As soon as I washed all the soap from my hair, I grabbed my towel and quickly dried my body, thinking I needed to get to the backyard quickly to make sure everything is properly in place.

"I'll be right back, I need to check on how everything is going out back."

"Bria no w-"

I left before they could catch me and headed down the hallway and into the backyard. I walked around making sure every table, chair and centerpiece was perfect. I looked over at the pool and noticed the glass top hadn't been placed yet and began searching for the event coordinator.

Once I got the pool situated and my nerves in check, I went back inside and back to my room to finish getting ready. I walked in to find my mother sitting at the foot of my bed and Janelle leaning against the wall near the closet with her arms crossed giving me a scowl.

"What are you two looking at me like this for?"

"This is why you're going to be late. You're worrying about things we are paying other people to worry about. Now come sit down so we can start on your hair."

My mother was a sophisticated and level headed woman. Her tone never went higher than a low shout but she could get her point across with the sternness in her voice if need be.

"Yes mother."

"You worry too much darling, today is about you and Noah. Don't worry about anything else, you know if anything is out of place they'll hear from your father."

Now that in itself was a scary thought. When it came to his girls, my father left no stone unturned. He's a kind and loving man, but if anyone made him upset then... well I'll leave that to your imagination.

After straightening my hair, my mother and Janelle begin pining it up. I took a look in the mirror, feeling like something was missing. Or I should say someone. I began thinking of my sister Whitney and the times we used to talk about our wedding dreams.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to hold back the tears that were trying to fill my eyes. I could see every memory of her that we shared and she appeared in my thoughts.

"Don't cry because I'm always here with you, everywhere you go. There will never be a time that I'm not holding your hand or protecting you. I love you, be happy."

"Sweetheart, are you ok?"

"Yea mom, I'm ok I was just thinking of Whitney and everything we promised each other about this day."