Chapter 18

Lucas's POV

I'm running around the party trying to find Maya. I walk from room to room but I can't find her. Farkle's in the kitchen with Riley and a couple other kids from college.

"Hey have you seen Maya anywhere?" I asked them.

"Nope," them both said.

"I can't find her anywhere," I said.

"Relax dude she's probably with some of her friends," Farkle said.

"Or maybe she went to bed already," Riley said.

The music was blaring loud so I'm not really sure if she could sleep through it.

Maya's POV

I found myself playing beer pong for the second time tonight. I wasn't even trying either I just wanted to drink so I didn't have to think about everything.

"Your turn Maya," Luke one of my fellow classmates said.

"Yes!" I jumped up and flung the ball.

I kept playing the game over and over again. Life was sweet.

Lucas's POV

It was around 12:30 and I was still running around looking for Maya. Riley and Farkle were of no help at this point. They were both clearly very drunk.

I ran into Gabe one of the kids in Maya's art class, "Gabe have you seen Maya around."

"Yeah man she's in there playing beer pong," Gabe pointed of to the other room.

"Thanks man," I walked off towards the room.

Wendy the girl I was with earlier comes up when I'm almost to Maya.

"Hey Lucas let's go finish our game," she says.

"Look Wendy I have to find my friend-" I stop when I look up and see Maya and Luke making out, "On second thought let's go."

Wendy drags me off back to her friends where everyone is taking shots. I remember taking one then two then three. Maybe even four or five after that.