Broken, Wounded and Injured

Narrator's POV

Cedric Diggory stayed beside Hedda Potter at the hospital. The healer had already treated her injuries and put her to sleep so she could rest for a while after screaming painfully due to the wounds she got and also the side effect of the curse for an hour. Charlie apparated back to The Burrow after receiving news from Arthur Weasley that everyone was saved and they had already been back to The Burrow. However, after Charlie told Arthur and Molly about Hedda's condition, most of them were panicking all over the house.

"Mum, She's with Cedric Diggory at the hospital. She'll be fine," Charlie tried to calm Molly down.

"Still, Charlie. She was cursed with an unforgivable curse and physically tortured by a death eater," Molly cried. Hedda and Harry had always been a part of The Weasley's household ever since Ron, Fred and George rescued the twins from Privet Drive no. 4, with Arthur Weasley's Enchanted Ford Anglia.

Bill punched the wall of the living room, causing everyone to look to his direction. "Freddie, I told you to take care of Hedda," he sneered at his brother.

"I'm so sorry, Bill. we were running hand in hand when the death eater took Hedda away from me," Fred tried to defend himself.

"I'm disappointed," Bill said.

"Bill, it's okay. Fred took care of Hedda. The death eater took Hedda away because she knew Hedda was my blind spot," Harry said, stepping in front of Fred before Bill could punch his brother.

"William Weasley, stop it! you should be thankful it wasn't one of your siblings they abducted. I knew it's hard for you now, but please, son. We all are worried about her to death," Arthur said as he held his son away from the twins.

"Dad, I'll take Freddie, Ronniekins and Georgie to the hospital. Harry, you have some rest. Don't worry. Diggory was there. Apparently, he saved her before that death eater could take her sanity away," Charlie said as he took the enchanted muggle car key from the hanger. 

"Be really careful, son," Arthur said.

"Don't worry, Dad, Mum," Charlie nodded. 

"Charlie, let us know updates on her condition," Molly said as he sent the four boys out of the house. "Send my warm hugs to Hedda. She needed it."

Fred was the one who dashes to Hedda's room as soon as they arrived at the hospital. He was washed by his own guilt upon the abduction incident. Cedric was asleep while holding Hedda's hand when Fred got into the room.

"Diggory," Fred tapped on Cedric's shoulder. "Go get some rest, I'll take care of Hedda," Cedric nodded as Fred took his place and he moved to the sofa across the bed.

Fred sat beside the bed and rubbed his hand against Hedda's cheeks. "I am really sorry," Fred held her hand tight and held it against his face. Charlie watched that with a broken heart. Fred wasn't the type to take things seriously, but upon this one, he took everything seriously. Hedda is like a sister to Fred. Even before they knew she was actually a Potter separated from another half.

"Fred," She called out as she opened her eyes.

"Hedda, I'm sorry," Fred cried.

"Fred, it's okay," Hedda tried to stop Fred from crying.

"But I lost you," He said.

"It wasn't entirely your fault. I wasn't gripping strong enough for you to keep me by your side," she said. "I am already broken, anyway," Hedda shrugged.

"Don't say that," Fred said. "You are still our pretty little sister, Ginny's best friend, our partner in crime," He said, holding her hand. 

"You forgot I'm borderline insane," She cried.

"We'll mend your broken parts, Hedda," Fred cried.

Nobody had ever seen Fred Weasley broke down in tears just like what everybody in that room had seen just that moment. Fred wasn't someone who cried so easily. His face was always painted with laughter, but this time, tears filled his face. He couldn't contain all the guilty feelings he had when he saw the girl before his eyes.

According to the healers, Cruciatus curse could cause insanity when conducted up to a certain point. Some of it caused permanent post-traumatic syndrome to the victim and the healer at the hospital said, Hedda might have the post-traumatic syndrome disorder after she was discharged. She wouldn't be restored to her condition before the attack. She'd suffer from a PTSD, especially when someone performed the curse, even if it wasn't directed to her, it would partly affect her. that was what the healer had briefed Charlie, Cedric, Fred and George about her condition. 

-----

Fred's POV

This was all because I didn't hold strong enough to keep Hedda under my protection. I couldn't help but blame myself upon this incident. I couldn't stop apologising to Hedda. I knew she forgave me. But I couldn't help to feel even guiltier when I heard her telling me not to.

"Freddie," She called me out. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Never better," She smiled. "Cedric?" She called out to the boy sitting on the couch.

"Yes, do you need anything, Hedda?" He asked.

"I got more than all I need, Ced. Thank you," She smiled as she squeezed my hand. 

"The letters just came today," Charlie said as he distributed the letters for Hedda, Georgie, Ronnie, Cedric and me.

"I don't have worries for the books, though," I joked. "I'll take Charlie's leftover," I grinned.

"We'll still need to take a whole lot from Diagon Alley, Cedric and me," Hedda grinned. 

"Heal yourself, Heds. Then you can go with whoever you like to Diagon Alley," I smirked.

"She needed protection," Charlie said. "The attack was enough to remind us she needs every guard we could have around her."

"Ced, you have another letter. It got caught in mine," Hedda said as she tried to open the seal to see what was inside. "Dear Mister Diggory, We hereby to announce you a prefect for your coming year at Hogwarts. We expect you to be present two hours prior to the departure of Hogwarts Express to have the brief at the front compartment. Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall." 

"Congrats, Diggory," I said, shaking his hand.

"We three, had something more important, Heds," Georgie smirked.

"And, what is that exactly, Georgie?" Hedda asked.

"Inventing a joke product, and a whole lot of goofing off of course," He grinned.

"With that being asked, I'm in!" Hedda exclaimed.

"That's our Hedster," George kissed her forehead.

"Heds, We'll head back home and report to mum and also your Dog... Godfather," I said. "See you soon. I bet Sirius and Remus were dead worried about you," I hugged her.

"Get well you, Potter," Ron said and hugged her.

"Thank you, Weasleys," She grinned and waved to us as we went out of the room, leaving her back together with Cedric, the two of them.

------