Chapter 14

Good morning!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 14 - Contemplations

Laksh groggily opened his eyes. 'I wonder why my mattress is so hard tonight.' he thought to himself. After all, he couldn't remember keeping stones under his bed.

As he opened his eyes, an entirely different scene greeted him. 'Eh? When did I paint my room white? Is this...is this snow? How did it snow inside my room?'

He saw a small fire flickering near him, giving him warmth

He saw a small fire flickering near him, giving him warmth. As he looked around closely and noticed that he wasn't in his room, but a cave. Soon, the events of the day came back to him.

The last thing he remembered was hugging himself as tight as possible due to the cold. He remembered Ragini coming near him and giving him her scarf. But after that what happened, was blurred in his mind. He recalls speaking something. But he couldn't remember what.'Maybe that was because of my fever. That must be it.'

Laksh nodded to himself with this understanding. He felt better now though.

Much better actually.

He took in a deep breath, enjoying his recovery. Suddenly, through the tiny hole that was left in the entrance of the cave, a strong gust of wind blew in, putting out the fire.

"Damn! How troublesome!" he sighed to himself. "Well, I already got a lighter in my pocket. Better light up the fire again." Laksh tried to get up from his position. However, he felt a weight on him. Something was holding him down.

In the dark, he couldn't figure it out what it was and so, he tried to touch it.

He felt soft skin as he touched the weight with his fingers. He traced his fingers along the shape and realized it was Ragini's face.

He smiled to himself. 'I should make sure she doesn't wake up. She's sleeping so peacefully.' he tried to get up slowly without making a noise. However, as he moved his hand, he felt something poke him on the side. As he tried to move away, he felt more of the poking. He let out a loud squeal as he felt something get inside his shirt.

"Wha-wha?!" exclaimed Ragini as she was rudely woken up by his shout. "Laksh? What happened? Why are you shouting in the middle of the night!?"

"I f-felt something poke me on the sides. It's p-poking me as we speak! Something w-went inside my shirt as well!" Laksh spoke in a panicky voice. "OhmyOhmyOhmy!"

Ragini couldn't see his face in the dark, but could imagine his frightened look. She chuckled. "Laksh, chill. Its just the leaves that I put over you."

Laksh's shock turned to confusion. "Leaves?"

Ragini nodded. When she realized he won't see it in the dark, she explained. "I found some dry leaves inside the cave. Don't know where it came from, but I thought they might help keep you warm." Ragini blushed suddenly. "I guess I fell asleep on you. Sorry."