Chapter 2

Good night all. Sweet dreams. 😴

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 2 - The Heroine

"Two lakh in advance?!"

"Yes dear. I'm not joking."

"You...you will really pay me that much if I act in this film?"

"Yes Ragini. You are a great actress and extremely beautiful."

Ragini couldn't believe she was finally getting a chance on the big screen. "Thank you Mr. Bhalla. I can't tell you how grateful I am for this offer."

He smiled a sickly sweet smile at her. "No need to be so formal. We will be coworkers soon. Call me by my name."

Ragini smiled. "Okay Mr. Bh- I mean Udip."

"That's more like it

"That's more like it. Now let's talk about the dates of our shoot and your clothing. Rachel will be in charge of your costumes. Th-"

"Ra-Rachel?" Ragini stuttered out. Everyone in the industry knew what Rachel's speciality was. She was appointed whenever the film required sultry and indecent clothes. "Um I...I'm sorry Udip. But I'm not comfortable wearing the type of dresses she chooses."

Udip rolled his eyes. "Oh come on Ragini! Don't be such a prude. We're in the 21st century!"

"I still have my morals." Ragini defended.

"But you gotta get the attention of the audience. If you've got the beautiful body for a sexy dress, you should then wear it. Why hesitate?"

"Good acting skills are what matters most. Not how much of skin you show!" Ragini retorted.

"Well, I want you to wear those dresses if you want to work for the film." he huffed out.

"I don't wear skimpy dresses."

"Then you won't get the offer."

She got up to leave. "Thank you for the offer. But I'm afraid I won't be able to do this film with you."

Udip cursed in his mind. He couldn't let her quit.

First thing was that she was an innocent girl whom he found attractive. He was thinking of getting her to become his girlfriend. He knew he would tire of her soon. But it would be fun for him.

Moreover, there were no other such beautiful girls willing to work with him on the film. Because they knew two lakhs wasn't that much for this role. Even if he got one to agree, they would demand more. He needed a way to make Ragini agree.