Chapter 17

Finally the entire truth about Laksh and Mansi's past is to be revealed.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 17. Their Past

"Mansi seems like a true friend." Ragini acknowledged. "Did she manage to help out?" she asked hoping for a happy ending.

Laksh nodded. "She did. She told her father about the money problem and Yadav uncle helped my Dad."

"And what about the marriage thing?"

"She didn't tell him. When I asked her, she said she would do it at the end of the six months time."

"But why not? Telling after six months or right then would be the same thing, wouldn't it?"

Laksh balled his hands into fists. "I didn't understand why either until...until it was too late. What she did? I couldn't have ever imagined it."

"What happened?"  she asked. From his face, she knew she wasn't gonna like what she was about to hear. "Continue Laksh."

"I found out the reason she wanted to stick around for longer

"I found out the reason she wanted to stick around for longer. It was because she had feelings for me too."

*flashback*

"Oh, I like you so much!"

"And I like you back." Laksh responded as he leaned closer to her. "You're so beautiful Sapna."

"Laksh!" came a shout from nearby, shocking them. They at once broke apart and looked at Mansi in shock.

"Um I...I'll be leaving then." Sapna uttered, looking away from Mansi's deadly gaze.

"You better!" Mansi threatened. Her eyes followed Sapna's movements as she practically ran away from there, leaving Laksh with Mansi.

It was around 5 in the evening, and the hall was almost empty. Seeing an argument about to break, the remaining students left the place as well.

"Ugh! Mansi, what the heck?! I was having a good time."

"Why are you being like this?! Why are you wasting time with Sapna?! Didn't you say you were past your 'player' days?"