Different + Elijah Mikaelson

Word Count: 979

Warnings: •••

Prompt: In which you and Elijah seem to battle for something unknown- but you are fighting against each other.

¶×¶×¶

You looked into the hazel brown eyes of Elijah Mikaelson "What brings you to my room?" You question fixing your eyes back on the book in your hands.

"Why would you do that to me?" He asks your eyes lifted from the book and stared at the floor.

¶×24 Hours Earlier׶

"Elijah we need to talk." Rebekah states, Elijah looks at you as you sat on the couch across from him. You were both in the middle of a conversation, but by the sound of Rebekah's voice it was important.

"What? That's impossible a human can't-" Rebekah shrugs "That's what I found out." She sighs.

"We'll handle it, we'll make him see it our way." Elijah whispers.

"And Y/n?" Elijah glances back at you and shakes his head "She can know after it's done." He whispers before joining you again.

It's been about a good hour and Elijah seemed to be holding something from you, he had to pull Klaus aside to tell him something.

It seemed important, why couldn't you know?

"Eli?" He hums in response looking up from his book "Is there something going on?" He looks at you for a second and smiles softly "Of course not,"

"It's just about Klaus' plan to take Marcel's 'kingdom', you know his battle for power." You nod "Why can't I know about it?" He froze for a second.

"Y/n, I promise you it's nothing." You nod "I hope your right." You whisper heading off to your room.

"My brother a skilled liar." Klaus smirks at his brother who sighs "It's for a good reason." Elijah whispers.

You walked down the street and noticed Rebekah and Elijah sitting on a park bench talking, you've never been one to betray Elijah but now you had to something was going on and you wanted to know.

"His name is Alec Y/l/n, I looked into it and Y/n isn't related to him supposedly." Rebekah informs Elijah.

"She would've told me if she had a human brother. But, you're sure they are not related? We can't kill this boy if they are." You covered your mouth, how would Elijah sit there and talk about killing your brother?!

Yes, Eli didn't know about him but that's because you're a vampire and you want nothing more than for your baby brother to be safe. So hiding him and not talking about him was the only answer.

"I found him in Mystic Falls, he's digging around. He needs to stop." Rebekah whispers.

You found yourself walking towards Elijah and Rebekah "Y/n!" Elijah greets looking slightly shocked "What's going on?" You smile at him showing no signs that you know.

"Talking about Marcel, he's getting out of hand." You nod "Well I gotta run, I need to pick some stuff up." And like that you were gone.

¶×Mystic Falls׶

"Y/n! What are you doing here?!" Alec asks "Come with me, the Mikaelson's are looking for you. I need to keep you with me." He nods.

"So he's going with you?" Stefan Salvatore questions "He is my human brother." You smile at him.

You left him with the Salvatore's and their friends because you felt they could keep your brother safer than you could.

You arrived back to New Orleans and rushed Alec over to Marcel's.

"You owe me a favor, I covered up your night walkers killings. Just hold him here please, just hide him." You beg Marcel nods "This is me paying you back." He whispers.

Elijah and Rebekah arrived to Marcel's after Klaus telling them that their human was there. Klaus accidentally stumbled in on him, so he knew to tell Elijah and Rebekah.

"Tell me what you know." Elijah states Alec's phone starts buzzing and he answers it.

"Help! Help!" He yells into the phone, before Elijah slams him into a wall crushing his phone in his hand.

"Who was that?!" Elijah questions angrily.

He was thrown into the wall across the room "Get your hands off him." You snapped glaring at Elijah.

Klaus stormed into the room looking at you, then at Rebekah "Y/n? Is that your brother?" Rebekah asks "No, I don't have any family." You answered not taking your eyes off of Elijah.

One thing led to another and soon you found yourself fighting the Mikaelson's all thanks to Klaus going after Alec.

You slammed Klaus into a wall and turned around pressing Elijah up against a wall unknowing you had shoved a dagger into his heart.

He looked at you and you gasped backing away "Elijah I-" You look back at Alec and left with Alec.

You walked into the Mikaelson's house and stood there "You're still welcomed here, I know he was your brother. I would've protected my brother." Rebekah walks into the living area and you sigh.

¶×Present׶

"Because," You answer watching Elijah move to your book shelf "Because why?" He asks.

You stood up and he sped over to you standing right in front of you "Because that was my brother you were going to kill." You whisper.

He tilts your head up so your looking at him "Why didn't you tell me?" You shrug tears brimming in your eyes "I didn't want you to hate me. I -" He shakes his head.

"Even after you tried to kill me, I still love you Y/n." You look up at him.

"You love me?" He nods "Very much so." You smile softly "I love you too, it's just something I guess I didn't know how to tell you." He leans down and kisses you softly.

"It's fine, besides it's not every day someone tries to kill me." You laugh with him and shake your head.

"Sorry about that too."

¶×¶×¶