Chapter 6

The next morning, the sun poured into my room, lightening every square inch of it. I pulled the covers over my head, hiding my entire body under it. I was shocked to see that I was completely naked, and remembered everything that had happened last night.

The dance, the guy Meredith hooked me up with who's name I can't remember, Grayson...

I sat up and ran a hand through my messy and untamed hair. The confusion I felt last night flushed through my brain once again as I climbed out of bed, and followed me around my house that morning and all the way to school. I dropped my bags off, one in my coach's room and the other in my locker, and joined my friends at breakfast.

They were talking amongst themselves, something about cheerleading. I was quiet, which was not normal for me, since I had no idea what to add on cheerleading. They all noticed once they cut their conversation short.

"You good, Lee?" My friend Samantha asked. I let out a deep breath, and nodded. Loren raised her eyebrow. "Mhm, whatever. She's lying to us." She leaned forward on the table, as did Samantha and our friend Brooke. Brooke stared at me for a minute before speaking. "What's the tea, girl?"

"Nothing, sorry. Dance just wore me out," I said.

After about 15 minutes of non-stop questions and chatter, the morning bell rang, and I rushed to class. Algebra, everyone's favorite. Awkwardly enough, I had a seat next to Grayson, whom for the first time in forever, I was dreading seeing.

He greeted me with a smile. Not even a "hey, you and I had sex last night," smile, just a normal, Grayson smile. I was confused, but I played it cool and smiled back. The teacher gave us our assignment, with not very much explanation on what we were supposed to do. Our classmates talked amongst themselves, but I stayed quiet.

"So, you guys have practice after school, too?" Grayson asked, writing something down on his paper. I rolled my eyes, mostly to myself, and nodded. "Yeah."

He looked over at me. "When does it get out?"

I refused to make eye contact with him. Not that I was mad at him or anything, just that I know that the image of his face from last night would pop into my mind. And I don't really need to be reminded of it right now. "7:30."

I mentally scolded myself for sounding so bitchy, but shook it off and tried to pretend like I was actually working. He put his pencil down and stared at me, his hands locked together on the table. "Are you okay?"

"Are we really gonna act like last night didn't even happen?" I said, turning to face him. His eyes widened and he leaned back a little, looking at me like I had just told him the strangest thing imaginable. He furrowed his eyebrows, and cleared his throat. "Are things gonna be awkward now because of it, or..."

"Well I guess I just kinda want an explanation as to why you made a move on me last night and then had sex with me and now you're acting like it's not a big deal or never even happened."

"I didn't really think it was a big deal. I mean it was just a one night thing, Lee."

I was somewhere in between crying or screaming at him, but in order to contain myself, I stood up from my chair and took in a deep breath. I looked down at him, hoping he wouldn't notice the obvious tears in my eyes. "A one night thing. That's what you think of me as? Just your friend that you can bang when you feel the need?"

"Lee, that's not what I mea-"

"No need to explain. I get it now," I said with a shaky voice. I walked away from our table and snuck out of the classroom when the teacher was turned around, and stormed down the hall towards the restrooms.