V | Where's Serena?

I don't know if i'm being honest.

It's been almost half an hour since Zack and I got in that argument and Serena was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago. As much as I don't want to admit it, something has to be wrong. Serena just isn't the type to just show up late, she's more of an early person who helps set up decorations before the party.

I started to pace around my bedroom wondering and making my own scenarios of what happened. I want to try and distract myself with almost every thing that's in my room but instead I find myself debating if I should call Serena. I probably don't have a reason to be nervous but it didn't matter because my anxiety was already through the roof right now. Twenty minutes late isn't all that bad but then again it never happens when it comes to her.

Before I could stress a moment longer, my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Serena? Where have you been? I almost thought something was wrong."

"I was on my way wi-with Margo and she was going to drive me t-to.."

"Hey, calm down it's ok. What happened are you guys ok?"

"We were on our way and she stopped at this fast food place and I guess she ordered something different because now she's wheezing a lot and I'm scared."

"Wheezing like what? Like she can't breathe?"

I could hear something making noise in the background and it sounded like she was gasping for air. As if she couldn't catch her breath for the life of her. Literally.

"What'd she eat? She might be allergic!"

"Crap! I ordered her something new from the place we ate from. I didn't check if she was allergic either. God, I'm an idiot! This is my fault!"

"Stay calm it's about Margo right now. Once she's safe everything else won't even matter. Where are you guys?"

"Um ok, we pulled over near some nursery school and there's a gas station down the street. It's a couple blocks from your house."

"Call 911, Serena. I'm on my way now just take care of her until some help gets there."

"Ok."

I didn't know what I was doing as I frantically grabbed my bag and sprinted down the stairs to the front door. I just needed to keep my best friend calm and her sister safe and that's all that matter right now.

As I made my way out the door I nearly tripped over something sitting in front the door.

Zack.

He never left.

I'm guessing he had intentions on fixing this after our argument.

"Hey, look, I didn't mean all that back there ok?"

"I need you to drive me to Serena, Margo's having an allergic reaction. She's at the gas station around that nursery or something."

His face looked shocked for a second before it was replaced by concern and wanting to protect Margo.

"Get in the car."

I rushed to get into the passenger seat and Zack sped off. I explained only what I was told and as we got closer to where we needed to be I got more and more anxious.

What if I'm too late?What if I couldn't help? What if Zack didn't know how to help?

Although he's studying about being a doctor after high school, he's just volunteering at his Mom's office and may not know much.

As we stopped at a red light Zack attempted again at an apology

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened. I should've told you and I should've been ok with talking to Serena about it. It wasn't cool to make you choose between one of us. I know how much she means to you."

"It's not entirely your fault. I shouldn't have been in the middle of you guys' relationship. It was none of my business and I pushed for something that had nothing to do with me."

"Like usual," he joked.

"I really am sorry though Zack."

"Don't sweat it."

I smirked a little and was relieved that this was behind us. But that feeling of relief was quickly gone when I looked over and saw Margo's face red and paled out. The color from her normally bright face has gone. Serena looked scared and she was on the phone with someone freaking out.

Zack must've seen the same scene playing out. He jerked the car and got out of the car running to Margo's side. I walked over to the car when I saw Serena bawling hysterically and it hit me in the chest at once.