Target Practice

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. After the kiss, Daryl decided to still sleep on the couch, even though I begged otherwise. I sat up in my bed as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Daryl soon knocked on the door lightly and walked into the room.
"Hey, good morning." He said awkwardly.
I nodded in response with a smile on my face. I leaned forward resting my arms on top of my legs as I sat criss-cross under the covers.
"So are you going on a run today?" I asked breaking the silence between us as we stared at each other.
"It's raining pretty hard outside so I'm gonna have to ask Rick if it's still happening."
I nodded in response looking towards the window trying to see the rain through the curtains.
"Hang out here for the day if the run isn't happening," I said as I turned back to him studying his face. He stared hard at me before walking over to the edge of the bed and sitting down.
"Fine I will but I gotta tell ya, I ain't good with feelings and I don't really know what's goin' on here between us."
I leaned closer to him reaching for his hand resting on the bed.
"Do you not want this, whatever this is? I have feelings for you if you couldn't tell and I know it's happening fast, but I... I don't know. I trust you. We are in the middle of an apocalypse, so what's the worst that could happen that hasn't happened already." I said. He just looked at me like he was still trying to understand my words and I tried to think them over if they came off a little harsh or something along those lines.
I shook my head pulling away from him to rest my back against the headboard of my bed. He sat there looking at me before getting up and moving closer to me.
"Tell me you really want this. A lot of shit has happened to me and I just wanna know you feel the same." Daryl said like he was trying to convince himself.
I reached out and grabbed his hand again, holding it close to me.
"I want it. We need each other. We both have been through too much so why not try something good."
I saw a small smile spread across his face. He lifted my hand that held his and kissed it.
"Wow, mister tough guy is getting soft," I said, squeezing his hand.
He let out a small grunt before stand up and heading towards the bedroom door.
"I'll see you soon. I'm sure Rick won't want us going out in these conditions."
I nodded bringing my knees to my chest
"Ok well, then I'll make us some food for when you come back."
He nodded and gave me a quick wave before heading downstairs and out the front door.
        I got up out of bed and fixed the oversized shirt I was wearing. I jogged downstairs and into the kitchen. I took out some pans from the cabinets and placed them on the stove. I began to make breakfast. I took out some eggs and bacon from the fridge and began cooking. When I was done, I took out two plates and put them on the island putting the food on each one. I waited for a couple of minutes, walking over to the window to see if I could see Daryl coming.
After what felt like forever, I sat down and started eating my food. When I was done, I grabbed Daryl's plate I made for him and placed it in the fridge.
       I went upstairs and decided to take a shower.  I slowly took off my clothes and got into the shower. I stood there for a while just letting the water hit my skin. I then heard the front door slam, making me jump.
"Daryl?!" I yelled, sticking my head out of the shower.
"Ya!?" He yelled back
"I'll be down in a minute. Your food is in the fridge, just heat it" I yelled before turning my attention back towards the warm water.
          When I was done, I put on a tank top and sweatpants. I jogged downstairs to find Daryl sitting on the island stool eating the food I had made. He was a little wet from the rain outside.
"So no run?" I said causing him to jump at my voice.
"Ya, we'll go when the rain stops."
I nodded and sat down on the stool next to him. He awkwardly cleared his throat as I could tell he was tense from my presence. He wasn't used to affection and attention. He didn't know how to react to it sometimes and would tense up. I found it adorable and I loved when I can see him relax around me after being so tense.
"Not much to do around here so you have any ideas?" I asked, playing with my hands.
He turned to face me, pushing the now empty plate away from him.
"You figure something out." He said causing me to laugh.
"Well, I just asked you." I stared at him as he pretended I wasn't looking at him.
"I wanna go outside the wall." I finally said.
He whipped around to look at him, well that got his attention.