Translucid.

They were there with a bad excuse...
Bon Voyage

Tom ran down the street towards his house, moving hastily with hopes of not losing this thought in his mind.
He ran up the stone steps to his brick house, opened the door in a slam and ran straight up the stairs to his room, whilst his mother fussed for the awful fright he had given her. Tom found exactly what he was looking for. The journal said it all.

Tom: This is the same thing... That's the symbol... The one from my dream.

You see... There was a gas station down the road that had just been opened, it was under construction for far too long.
Tom was just there for a couple snacks but as he was face to face with the cashier he saw right on this man's cheek... "That Symbol".
It was a symbol he had seen in many dreams... And if you remember... Tom doesn't truly believe in coincidences now that he's older... How old he is was definitely a contributing factor into why he lets his life be dictated by imagination and discovery... He knows that what he knows is nothing compared to what he does not know of the knowledge he knows that he somehow has but cannot comprehend...
Comprende? (That's Spanish... You understand?)

Tom: This symbol is the same as his tattoo...
I should show it to that guy
No... No... That would just weird him out...

Tom's phone rang, it was his friend Sam calling again, he hadn't talked to him since that last dream, that was about a month ago.
Tom answered the phone.

Tom: Yo.

Sam: Hey bro, what're you doing right now?

Tom: Uhh, well nothing important... Why what's up?

Although Tom was lying to his friend he felt it was best to do so... Being that Tom was under the impression no one had any interest in the things that were going on in his head and his mind... And of course his dreams.

Sam: Oh, well I just got back in the country... You down for some wings?

Tom: Wings?

Sam: Yes Tommy... Wings... Are you down? Or?

Tom: Wings... Oh Wings! Sorry... My mind is in knots... Just a lot of... Yeah we can go get wings, what time?

Sam: Well I was hoping now?

Tom: What time is now?

Sam: Tommy it's 6:20, is your brain in there right now?

Tom: Yeah I'm good sorry... I'm just... Sorry yeah I'm on my way, see you there.

Tom hung up the call.

Tom: Wait... Which wing place...

Tom dialed Sam back. Tom stayed silent.

Sam: Yeah.

Tom: Sorry.

Sam: The one on south street.

Tom: Okay...

Sam: See you there.

Sam ended the call.

Tom began to think to himself... Wondering why he couldn't think straight about a simple call from a friend.