Historical Excerpts: The First Rosavere's Dream, and Mine

An Official Albemarian Communiqué to the Imperial Sareval Court —Dated 1128 ASf

Dear Emperor Tibral,

It is our duty to inform you that your nephew's attempted invasion ended in inglorious death and the obliteration of his fleet. Faylen forgot that Albemar is not a tame isle—we trust that you will not.

Cordially,

Queen Snow White

From the Royal Correspondence of Princess Rosavere —1128 ASf

Dear Sanju,

Snow and I hope that the recent renovations of your cottage will bring you a small measure of comfort. In the mantelshelf, you will find a compartment containing a wooden urn.

I leave you the ashes of the child you once cherished and the mother I dearly loved. They belong in the gardens of Felgarde. She was happiest there once. Keep that memory—the brightest slivers. They pierce deeply, but they also shine.

Warmest regards,

Rose

From the private correspondence of the maritime vessel Phantom Moth —1128 ASf

Salutations to her Fairest Majesty, Queen Snow White,

The new title is rather pretentious, isn't it? But I rather think it suits you. As for me, I relinquish my claim to Albemar's throne! I never made a proper crown princess anyway.

I hate parting after we've only just found each other again, but we owe Jack and the other orchid keepers a great debt after all they suffered on our soil—only the Fathomsea can help me repay it. A ledger of elvish slaves sold over the last decade was discovered among Kage's effects. Chant has offered the former orchid keepers sanctuary in the Wildershade, but Jack won't stay. Not with the possibility of finding more of his kin scattered across the Kingdom Isles.

With the prize fleet of Sareval's navy destroyed and the Green Guild in disarray, now is the perfect time to hunt! Chant gave us ice rods that will purify the firedrake in the elves' blood—all we have to do is find them. A grand quest Mother and Father would be proud of, I am sure.

But that is not the only reason why I am taking my leave. I want to go! All my life I've dreamed of what lies beyond Albemar's shores. I am going to finish the first Rosavere's dream, and maybe, start my own.

Ever yours,

Rose Red

*SONG: "Afterlife" by Whitesand