Falling

Once upon a time before I took up smiling

I hated the moonlight

Shadows of the night that poets find beguiling

Seemed flat as the moonlight

~*~

Taking cooking duty, which Jonathan was relieved because he said he was a terrible cook and didn't need to add poison to kill, Sock turned the stove on as he began preparing the food.

"Look, I don't want to sound rude but... what's up with your hair?" Jonathan lightly smiled at the bird nest on top of Sock's head. Finally realizing what he must look like with his ratty sweats and his old shirt with that one rip by his shoulder Sock began to blush. Never mind that his hair was probably a tangled mess since he went to sleep when it was damp.

Today was just not his day to impress. Clearing his throat Sock mumbled, "This is what happens when I sleep when my hair isn't all the way dry." Running his fingers trying to finger comb his hair, Sock gave up when his fingers got stuck, washed his hands again before he slid the bacon in the pan hearing it sizzle. "I think I was born to have perpetual bad hair. It's a reason I need to go to a barber shop soon and get it cut shorter. Less hair, less chances it acts up on me."

"I don't think a buzz cut would suit you," Jonathan comments before biting his lip. "No disrespect."

"None taken," Sock replied taking the bacon out and adding the next strips. "It's not really my thing either. I just need to take an inch or two off. Still long enough to run my fingers through but not enough to get it this tangled."

There was a pregnant pause before Jonathan spoke up, "I think that's a good idea. Do you have clippers?"

Sock paused looking back at him, "What for?"

"Well... I know a thing or two about hair," Jonathan said running his fingers through this hair, "If you want I can cut it for you. Free of charge."

Turning back around to take the bacon out and put the next strips in Sock glanced back, "What's the catch? Are you going to give me a bad cut?"

"No, no, I would never. It's just... I don't know. A small thank you for you cooking. I mean, I'm just standing here doing nothing." Jonathan said motioning to himself. Sock smiled affectionately. Seeing him fidget at being rendered 'useless' Sock asked him to bring the plates down and pour the coffee in their mugs. Sock letting Jonathan drink from the TARDIS one while he drank from his Sherlock one.

Scrambling the eggs once the bacon was finished, Sock added his spices and served the rest of breakfast. Already by the table they started eating quietly as Sock watched Jonathan close his eyes and moaned. "Jesus Christ on a cracker, this is good."

"It meet your standards?"

"Surpasses," Jonathan complimented between bites, "I don't know how you do it. It even taste better than the last time." Blushing Sock coughed into his hand trying to displace his discomfort. It was just a compliment. No need to get so flustered. Shoving more food into his mouth Sock used it as a form of keeping the comfortable silence going.

Finishing up, Sock put his dishes in the sink and excused himself to go to the bathroom telling Jonathan he could have more coffee if he liked. Finally behind a closed door, Sock sighed out going for his comb as he brushed his hair. Satisfied to have it more manageable he went to relieve himself.

Now, what to do about my clothes. Sock couldn't make it obvious by changing but he then remembered he needed to do laundry anyway and had no extra clothes to change into. Great, just great, I had to wait until the last moment to wash and now I'm spending my day doing laundry. I always do this to myself yet I never learn.