All Cards Down

I used to live alone before I knew you

I've seen your flag on the marble arch

Love is not a victory march

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

~*~

The pounding in his head was painful as it pulsed. Sock was now regretting his decision to getting shitfaced last night. Slowly so as not to upset the monster of all hangovers Sock sat up and braced himself until the world stop spinning and he could keep his dinner down. Oh yeah, so not drinking moonshine again.

"Welcome back."

"Oh God," Sock groaned covering his ears wanting to hide forever. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here because you drank yourself into a stupor and needed to be carried in." Lil said matter-of-factly before pinching her lips together. "You should probably drink this as well as these."

Sock slowly opened his eyes to see his Supernatural mug filled with water and some Tylenol pills. Taking them Sock popped the pills in and chugged the water greedily relishing the cool crisp taste compare to the cotton balls that's currently residing in his mouth. While still hesitant about getting up he did as he made the long journey to the bathroom. When he got inside, he brushed his teeth and relieved himself. Walking back out Sock made his way into the kitchen.

Nothing helped cure a hangover better than some breakfast even if the thought of food made his stomach turn. Lil already had a plate ready for him and though he thanked her he was still hesitant in eating her food. "Why are you being so nice to me? And how did you know I was drunk."

"You obviously don't remember much about last night do you?" the look of utter confusion from Sock quickly turned into horror as the pieces fell into place.

###

Sock eventually came to when he got back inside his place. Opening his eyes he shoved himself off of Jonathan's hold and stumbled and slammed into the living room wall. Glaring at the blond, Sock made the effort to stand up without his help as he tripped over his feet and fell in the hallway. When Jonathan went to help him up, Sock swatted his efforts and got up again, leaning heavily on the wall for the rest of the trip.

Sock angrily took off his coat getting more annoyed when it got stuck around his arms. Jonathan had to gently walk up and help him while Sock glared at him then the coat growling under his breath. When the coat was finally off Sock went to removing the buttons of his shirt fuming when his fingers kept fumbling.

"Here, let me," Jonathan said brushing Sock's hands aside. This has been the first time in a long time where they stood next to each other, much longer since Jonathan was sober. However, this seemed to annoy Sock more because he was defenseless against the onslaught of emotions from rushing back in. The pain was acute and Sock swatted his hands away as he took two steps back.

"Get away from me."

"I'm trying to help," Jonathan said in frustration.

"I don't need your help," Sock huffed struggling unbuttoning his shirt as he got more frustrated at his useless fingers.

"Clearly," Jonathan sarcastically added pointing at Sock's hopeless process before rolling his eyes and stepping up to the disgruntled brunet. Sock glared and seethed as Jonathan quickly opened his shirt. Turning around Sock walked to his closet picking up a pair of sweats and t-shirt.

Tossing his long sleeved collar shirt on the floor, Sock angrily put on his clothes and turning around to noticing Jonathan was still standing there. "Okay, your civic duty is done, go back to your pretty little blonde."