Chapter 1

//I've been waiting for you
To come around and tell me the truth
'Bout everything that you're going through
My girl you've got nothing to lose//

"The important thing is she meant, she meant nothing to me!"

"And yet she was worth jeopardising our relationship?!"  I could feel the tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Amelia! You have to believe me!" He ran over to me, trying to take my hand in his. I pulled it away, and looked into his eyes for the first time since I found out he had been cheating on me. But that's not the worst part. It was with my best friend of ten years.

"How could you, Cameron? I thought I was your girl? I thought you loved me? And with Leah?" I whispered, a tear spilling down my cheek.

"I did! I do! Amelia please, you have to believe me! It was a mistake! I don't know what I was thinking!" He tried to cup my face in his hands, but I turned away, walking to the door.

"I want you to get out. You were with her for over a year whilst telling me all these lies! Get out of my house." I yelled.

"What?" He looked up at me.

"I said, I want you to get out." I opened the door, waiting for him to leave.

"No, I wanna stay! I wanna talk about this!"

"Alright, let's talk." I slammed the door shut, storming into the living room.

"So tell me, Cameron. Was she any good?"

He looked at me in shock, unable to answer my question.

"Wha-what?" He stuttered.

"Come on! Tell me! How was she?!" I yelled, sick to my stomach of this.

"I don't know, she was, she was ok." He dropped his gaze to the ground.

"She was ok?" I knew what that meant. She was better than ok, he was a shit liar.

"You're shit at lying, you know that? I know for a fact you think she was better. I don't want to see you ever again, Cameron. Get out of my house." I pushed him into the hallway, shoving him towards the door. I opened it quickly, not giving him a chance to say another word.

I slammed the door in his face, and then the tears started. They kept coming, and there was no stopping them.

I fell to the floor and cried. Like I've never cried before. I was screaming through my tears. I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air, I really thought my lungs weren't functioning properly and that I was gonna pass out, and that was when I heard the key in the door.

"Amelia?! What the hell happened?!" Tom ran over to me, sitting next to me, stroking my back.

I couldn't stop. It felt like the four walls of what I thought was a home full of love were crushing me. And then my lungs kick-started, leaving me coughing and spluttering as I tried to inhale.

He scooped me up, carrying me onto the sofa. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my head in the crook of his neck.

"Amelia, you're breaking my heart. What happened?" He asked. His voice was so soft and gentle.

"Cameron."

"What happened to him? Amelia?"

"He's been cheating on me for over a year." I choked out.