Chapter 8

//Crowded town or silent bed
Pick a place to rest your head and
Give me a minute to hold my girl
Give me a minute to hold my girl//

"Thomas. Stanley. Holland. So help me, I could throttle you right now. But I'm not gonna. Instead, I'm gonna help you repair your social image."

It was two days after everything happened with Ashley and Tom. We were in his kitchen, Tom slumped in a chair, his head in his hands. His manager was sitting across from us at the table, tabloids and newspapers spread out in front of us.

"We need major damage control here. How many followers does she have?"

"16 million. She's a verified dancer." I explained.

"Oh Jesus. Ok. I need to make a call. I'm not happy about you either." He pointed his finger at Tom, half jokingly, half seriously.

"What have I done? I won't be able to leave this flat ever again." He glanced out the window, to see the paparazzi crowded around outside.

I snapped the blinds shut, flicking them off.

"Now, Tom, I've just spoken to your agent. They think that, with the right kind of damage control, no one will be talking about this next week." His manager, Alex, came back into the room.

"Ok. How do we do that?" I asked, leaning against the work surface.

"First, you release a statement. Explain what happened, but for Pete's sake keep everyone anonymous. Don't wanna draw further attention to her. Keep attention to detail to a minimum in the statement. Nothing about how you were feeling angry or sad when you left the studio. Nothing about feeling jealous. Leave that out of it. Mention the abuse. The punches, the kicks, the cuts, the bruises. Mention that. Gain the public's sympathy. Turn them against her. She'll soon bugger off." Alex explained.

"Jesus Christ. Can't we just say that Tom's house was broken into and he was attacked?" I suggested.

"Hmm. Lemme call your agent again."

"No! I got myself into this mess, I'm gonna get myself out of it. I'm gonna release my own statement." He grabbed his phone, and began typing furiously.

Hi everyone,

As most of you will know, a video has been sent around social media of me being attacked by someone. This person broke into my house, and attacked me to try and get revenge. She shall remain nameless, however if you know who she is you know who she is.

Action has been taken against her, and the situation is being handled. I would greatly appreciate it if the situation was forgotten about. I want to move on from it, and do not want to be questioned by it all the time. I would also appreciate it if you could leave her alone. Like I said, action has been taken against her, so there is no need for furthering this situation by throwing yourselves at her or creating a hate campaign or whatever. She'll get what she deserves, end of story.

Love you all,

Tom x

"Perfect." Alex smiled.

"Post it on your Instagram, and your Instagram story, and your Twitter."

"Done." Tom threw his phone down.

"Alright. That's that sorted. I'm gonna head off now, see you later." I showed Alex to the door, waving him off.

"See? It's gonna be ok. Besides, I have friends in high places, Holland, who can help up her punishment if you so wish." I sighed, sitting next to him, my hand on his bicep.

"Nah. She'll get what she's given and I want that to be the end. No special treatment for me by giving her extra time because I'm well known or whatever."

"Ok." I leaned in to kiss him.

"Ok." He replied as our lips brushed against each other.