Chapter 2

//Cold nights and the Sunday mornings
On your way and out of the grey//

"He what?!" Tom looked at me, his eyes wide.

"He's been cheating on me for over a year. With Leah." I hiccuped.

"Leah? Cameron?" His eyes narrowed. I could see the cogs whirring in his brain.

"No, Tom, don't do anything. Please?" I begged, resting my head against his shoulder.

"If you really don't want me to, I won't." Tom stroked my hair, kissing the top of my head.

"I don't. Promise you won't do anything?" I held out my pinky.

"Pinky promise." He wrapped his pinky around mine.

"Tom?" I mumbled, my head tucked under his chin.

"Mhm?"

"Can you stay with me? I don't think I can face being alone tonight." I looked up at him to see him smile.

"Of course I will. I'll always be here. Always." We stayed cuddling on the couch for a long time. Although I knew I had to face what had happened at some point, I savoured the moment with Tom. I felt safe. I felt like someone in the world loved me. Little did I know he loved me as more than a best friend.

*TOMS POV*

It broke my heart to see Amelia in this much pain. She was so madly in love with him, and even though I always said to her that I didn't trust him, she would always say "I understand you don't trust him, and that he's not your favourite person, but I love him, so can you be civil for me?" I was always civil, because I knew how much it meant to Amelia.

I loved her so much. And not as a friend. I was head over heels in love with her. But because if Cameron, I couldn't do anything about it. And now he broke her heart. I knew all I should do was be there for her until she felt better. I couldn't tell her how I felt. It wouldn't be fair.

"Amelia? I've had an idea that might cheer you up a little bit." I tipped her chin up with my finger, locking my gaze with hers.

"What's that?" She murmured.

"Come on. Just trust me. You're gonna like it. Maybe even love it." I winked, taking her hand and leading her into the hall.

"Wait! My keys!" She ran into the living room, grabbing her keys from the coffee table.

"Ok. Let's go."

We ran down the stairs, hopping into my car.

"Aux cable duties?" I asked, reaching down and grabbing it from the floor.

"Thanks." She plugged her phone in, flicking through her Spotify.

Roses by Shawn Mendes started playing. I could hear singing it softly. She had the voice of an angel. It was beautiful. Hearing her sing took me back to when I was in hospital. I had been involved in an attack. Someone had bombed the London comic-con stage where I was having an interview with Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch.

I noticed a bit of a commotion at the side of the stage as the fans were asking their questions. I squinted, trying to see what was going on. The next thing I remember is an explosion, the stage being engulfed in flames and shrapnel. Everyone who was on stage was thrown into different directions from the force of the blast.

I could hear screaming, people crying. I was trapped underneath rubble. I couldn't move. I kept thinking about Amelia. I kept thinking over and over again "what if I die? What if this is it? I'll never see my best friend ever again. Please God make sure she knows I love her."

The last thing I remember before blacking our is someone shouting "we're gonna get you guys out of here. Stay calm, help is here!"

I must have been freed from the rubble, and taken to the hospital. I was in some kind of coma, I would later be told. I couldn't move, speak or open my eyes, but I could hear everything being said.

"Tom? I hope you can hear me.

"I...oh god this sounds stupid. How can this be right? I'm in love with you, Tom Holland. I'm crazy in love with you. And I wish I could do something but Cameron would my life a living hell. I love you so much, Tommy. I'm in love with my best friend and I'm dating someone else.

"I want you to know that I'll always be here. Always. You're always gonna have me as your best friend. I promise. I'm never leaving you, ever. And you can't leave me either. You have to hang in there. If not for me, then for your parents, and your brothers, and little Tessa. You can't let go, Tom. I won't allow it. I love you too much to let you go. So you're gonna have to fight, Tom. You hear me? I won't have it, you leaving."

She was stroking the hair away from my forehead, and kissed it gently. She took my hand, and started singing, so softly, almost in a whisper;

Well I found a man, stronger than anyone I know
He shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share his home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be your girl, you'll be my man
I see my future in your eyes

"Tom?" Amelia's voice snapped me out of my day dream.

"Yup?"

"You missed the turning for your parents house. I figured that was where we were going."

"Oh, no, we're going somewhere else. Just hang tight, love." I rested my hand on her knee, squeezing it reassuringly.