Nine// The First Dance

The sun set beautifully, Jarrad and Amalia started dancing to their first song together then slowly everyone else started filing onto the dance floor. Couples mostly, they seem to have lots of friends. Aidan takes Cadence's hand and leads her out onto the dance floor, I look over and see Valentino and Titus standing near the buffet with their arms crossed over their chests. I notice Macy standing close to Titus, fluttering her eyelashes and touching him discretely. He doesn't pay any interest though, just whispering things to Valentino whilst looking around the dance floor. I see, feeling lonely with no one to talk to. Even Landon and Chris are dancing with people.

Suddenly, a tall and lanky guy with black hair and dark eyes appears. His skin is tanned as well and he has a sort of boyish smile on his face. "Hi, I noticed you standing here all alone and I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me?" he asks me. I nervously smile and giggle slightly.

"Sure." He extends his hand and I take it, we slowly dance after he leads me out onto the floor. I don't know where to look, I have never met him in my life so it would be slightly awkward if I was staring into his eyes. We are suddenly stopped from dancing, Titus stands there with no expression on his face and looking as handsome as he usually is.

"Mind if I interrupt?" He asks in a griff voice, not really asking the guy but more demanding him. I look behind him, where he was standing before and notice Macy looking more annoyed than ever. I gulp, I knew she liked him but he just isn't interested; who is he interested in?

"I-uh-sure," the guy responds in a not so happy tone. He steps away letting Titus take my hand and place one in my waist. Why does he want to dance with me? He acts like he hates me? does it have something to do with how he kept on staring at me when Amalia and Jarrad were speaking their vows? I place one hand on his shoulder and the other grips his hand nervously. He doesn't look away nervously at all, he stares at me. From my hair, to my eyes, nose and every little part of me. He inspects me and I dont understand why.

"Why are you dancing with me?" I blurt out. I feel peoples eyes on me, they're all with curiosity and Cadences is definitely with judgment because she told me to go no where near him. He doesn't seem that bad, he is just closed off. I guess he is scared to show how he really feels, not everyone is as open as Landon. She needs to understand that. I also realise she has known him longer and his ways but she cannot control me.

"Why not?" he shrugs. His response irritates me, I want an actual answer as to why. There's always more to 'why not'.

"Can you just answer properly for once?" I snap. He raises his eyebrows and purses his lips, obviously not liking being questioned. I scoff and push him away, walking towards the bar to get some wine to hopefully calm my anger issues at this moment because of Titus. He probably is standing there surprised but I don't care. I need answers. He wasn't giving me them.

"So you like Titus?" May appears out of no where, she takes my glass of wine out of my hand to drink for herself and leans against the table. I raise an eyebrow, why did she have to take my drink? Oh that's right. She's another girl obsessed with Titus and his good looks.

"He comes over to me when I was dancing with another guy and he asks to dace with me and I like him? You're delusional honey." I snatch my glass back out of her hand and drink the rest of it. After making a noise of satisfaction, I place the glass on the table and walk away after grabbing another glass.

Less classier music starts playing, a more upbeat type of song plays instead making me giggle. I move to the beat, not in a sexy way but more in a fun way. I move my body side to side whilst sipping on my wine. After a while of feeling dizzy, I go and take a seat resting my head in my hands. "Emberly, what the hell is wrong with you?" Cadence appears out of no where, she attempts to take my glass but I snatch it back causing it to spill all over the table. The glass rolls into the ground and smashes into tiny fragments. I gasp, not meaning for that to happen and I bend down trying to pick the pieces up but end up slicing my hands.