Chapter 24

Listen to "Girls Need Love" by Summer Walker ft Drake

The ground is covered with beer bottles, drunk men and crazy women are scattered everywhere. Titus holds my hand tightly, his grip being vigorous. I notice the colour of my hand fading from its normal tanned colour to a white from him squeezing me so hard.

"Titus, you're hurting me," I grumble. He loosens his grip but doesn't let me go. "So now you hold my hand?" I smirk.

He shoots me a quick glare, "Emberly, this isn't the time to make jokes. This place is dangerous and I don't know why I brought you here when anything could happen."

I snatch my hand away from him and slap his chest, he stops in his tracks. "And you allowed a pregnant lady to come!?" I exclaim.

"You were angry at me!" He whines.

Angel and Brett stick closely to my side. A dirty old man with a long beard gives us a look of want, he smirks and winks at both Angel and I. I hook my arm around Titus' and he scowls. I know he already regrets allowing to bring me here.

"Can we get a hot dog?" I pipe up as I see a hot dog stand. He gives me a look snd sighs, pulling me over to the hot dog stand.

"Who knew an illegal place sold hot dogs and other food," Angel says in amazement.

"Well we are all human and need to eat," Titus responds, sarcasm dripping from his mouth.

Angel glares at him but shrugs it off and clings to Brett. "So are you racing today?" Brett questions as we line up for a hot dog.

"I don't know anymore," he responds plainly. I look up at him. He seems uneasy, he looks around everywhere. Glaring at anyone that looks our way. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. He has never shown PDA before. I know the only reason why is because there are creepy men everywhere.

"Why not?" I question, looking up at him.

"Because I don't want to leave you and your friends without anyone. I think I'm gonna call Landon and Chris to come down," I mumbles and grabs out his phone.

"Next please!" A girl with a tank top exposing cleavage shouts. Her hair is in a high pony tail and she chews her gum obnoxiously. Her eyes zone in on Titus and she smirks. "Hey baby," she purrs.

He simply ignores her as he talks to either Landon or Chris who is on the other side of the line.

"Hi," I grumble distastefully. She looks at me and her smile is removed.

"What do you want?" She asks.

"I want 7 hot dogs, two waters- want a beer Brett?" I ask.

"Yes please."

"Titus?" I question, he simply nods.

"And two beers," I finish. She rolls her eyes at me and puts it through the till.

"$50," she grumbles. I look at her name that reads 'Polly' and Titus hands her a $50 note. She makes sure to touch his hand with her own and smirks. She gives me a number distastefully and we wait aside.

"I would never hire her," Angel grimaces.

"Tell me about it," I respond. Titus gets off the phone and sighs. "Do you know Polly personally?" I question.

"Not on a personal note. No. She just works around here and when she's not working she's clinging off some guy," he shrugs.

"Including you?" Angel questions with raised eyebrows.

"No, I don't let her."

I look up at him and he looks down at me with his deep brown eyes. He has probably slept with so many people. Polly calls out our number and we go up to collect our food and beverages.