Chapter 19

Ebens POV

I woke up and Zach was tossing and turning in his sleep. I looked at his alarm clock and it read 1:30 am, I looked over at Zach and he was crying in his sleep. "Zach," I said trying to shake him awake, but he didn't wake up. I got up and went into the hallway seeing a light on, I walked towards the light and came across Jonah awake in his room. "Zach is crying in his sleep." Jonah looked up at me. "Shit." He mumbled before bolting passed me and into Zach's room, I followed behind him. He picked Zach up and put him on his hip. "Zach wake up." He said bouncing Zach on his hip, Zach moved a little and hid his head in Jonah's shoulder and cried.  "What was it about?" Jonah asked Zach, he whispered something into Jonah's ear. "It's all over you don't have to worry," Jonah said to Zach as he rubbed his back. "Is he okay?" I asked, Jonah, looked at me and nodded. He put Zach down only for Zach to whine, Jonah said something to Zach and Zach left his room.

"What happened?" I asked Jonah once Zach left. "He has a lot of bad dreams about his past or people hurting him and when he does he pees the bed. Somehow he convinced Dani he didn't need a diaper." Jonah explained. "He wears a diaper?"

"Only to bed," Jonah said taking the sheets off of Zach's bed. "He is in Danis room getting bathed if you want to see him," Jonah said, I nodded and left the room. I towards Danis room and knocked, Dani opened the door. 

"Hey Eben, Zach is getting a bath come in," Dani said I walked into his room. "You can sit, he should be done soon." I sat on Danis bed and he sat next to me.

"Does this happen a lot?" I asked.

"Yes but normally he wears a diaper and the mess is easier to clean," Dani said, I nodded.  "Did it scare you?" Dani asked me.

"Yes, I couldn't wake him up," I said.

"Jonah is the only that can wake him up," Dani said.

"What happens in his dreams?" I asked putting my head down. "Did he tell you about his past before we got him?" Dani asked I nodded. "Not in detail but yes."  

"That is what his dreams are about, but not just his parents hurting him but us guys too," Dani explained. "Wow, I feel bad for him."

"Yeah, he probably won't be sleeping in his room. He never does after a nightmare." Dani said I lifted my head. "That is understandable." 

"So you're opening for us I heard." 

"Yeah, I haven't ever played in front of a crowd though so I am a little nervous."

"There is no need to be nervous, We leave on Wednesday. We have 8 bunks, so you get one to yourself. Zach normally sleeps with Jonah or me, so that is where he would be sleeping."

"He doesn't sleep in his own bed?"

"No, not really, I mean sometimes but normally he sleeps with someone." I nodded, Jack walked out of the bathroom carrying a naked Zach. 

"Is he asleep?"

"No, he is just clingy after this happens." I nodded understanding why. "I will be back, I am going to go get him dressed." With that Jack left Danis room with Zach.

"I haven't told my parents I am gay."

"Why not?"

"I am scared they won't accept me."

"If they love you they will trust me, and if they don't call me," Daniel said handing me a piece of paper with his number on it.

"Thanks." 

"E? Hey. Look at me." I looked at him, "You're going to be fine." He pulled me into a hug, I nodded.

"I am going to go back to bed, thanks," I said leaving Daniels room and going into Zachs.