Chapter 5

Even though she knew this wasn't normal, who could she talk to about it? She would basically be begging to be sent to the loony bin. Turning to the mirror, Gwen gave herself one last look. Despite her objections, she found herself in an off the shoulder, red dress, that hugged her body all the way to her knees, sleeves fitting her arms to her elbow, finishing the outfit with a pair of black heels. She made her way slowly down the stairs and left to meet Evie at Elixir.

The blaring music boomed throughout the club. Most of Gwen's time was spent watching Evie dance the night away with multiple strangers, having the time of her life.

1 2 3 let's go... and get another drink.

She had been alternating between margaritas and some Smirnoff here and there to mix it up a bit, her face crinkled up in disgust and was red with shame at her terrible joke.

"Is it that bad?" Jumping, Gwen held on to the rim of the bar counter to steady herself, "Jesus!"

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's ok. I have been jittery a lot lately" she said politely, smiling at the woman beside her.

"How much drinks have you had?" she asked. watching Gwen drowning the remainder of her Smirnoff.

"I have lost track to be honest," searching through the crowd she spotted Evie grinding on another stranger, 'lost track of that number too'.

"I'm just waiting for my friend over there to call it a night" Gwen explained pointing to Evie on the dance floor.

"This is such a cliche." she groaned.

Nodding, the freckled, redhead moved her attention back to Gwen and said, "We all know how this would usually go. Who do you want me to be? The mysterious woman that sweeps you off your feet, or the annoying idiot your friend has to help you avoid, that thinks they're hot but is totally not." Her gaze expressed the starring role she desired to play, inching closer to her Grand Opening. A jolt of confidence surged through Madam Red's potential partner.

"Without a proper audition, I can't say for sure." Gwen delicately insinuated. Not hesitating, red leaned towards Gwen. Their lips touched and Gwen's body instantly reacted and got tense. Their lips then intertwined and her body relaxed as the kiss intensified. She gently pulled Gwen's hair causing her to moan. Something buzzed within her, it electrified with every touch.

Feeling confident in her performance, she propped against the bar, yielding another smile. Holding out her hand she asked Gwen for her phone "Give me a call when you're free to hang out" she said, typing in her number.

"I love your name" Gwen praised returning to her flustered self, "It suits you."

"I can't take all of the credit, thank my Mama for that," Harlow said bowing her head, chuckling. Gwen couldn't help but stare at Harlow in amazement. She wasn't what Gwen was used to, but she didn't mind it one bit. She was itching to see how this would go.

Slightly biting her lip she unconsciously twirled her index finger in a circle, the orphaned droplets following her will "I will take you up on your offer." Saying nothing Harlow winked and strutted away.

"Oh shit, Evie!" searching her again her eyes landed on Evie making her way towards her.

"Sorry I left you by yourself for so long, I lost track of time." she explained ashamed of herself.

"I could tell, your dancing was fire. It was like watching two animals in the wild; your personal mating call" Gwen described looking off seriously into the distance, waving her hand in the direction of the dance floor.

Evie playfully shoved Gwen's shoulder at her teasing. She laughed, tears rolling down her cheeks "Don't worry I had company."

Evie curiously stared at Gwen silently begging for the details "Nope, not telling" she swiftly responded, sticking her nose in the air and folding her arms "What happens in Elixir, stays in Elixir."

"But I was here" she childishly wined. Over exaggerating, Gwen announced "What!...Really!...Hadn't noticed"

"Fine don't tell me" Evie pouted.

Gwen shook her head "Ok ok, I met a girl but that's all am saying." Shocked, Evie didn't say anything for a few minutes "What was she like?"

Keeping tight-lipped about it, Gwen just grinned at her. Sighing, Evie turned away from her and walked to the exit. Gwen followed "You are going to tell me soon enoughh" she said in a sing-song voice.

Hey everyone sorry for the wait. I busy trying to keep up with school so I will not be posting until vacation starts.

~ Alex☆