Finale

"Fuck!" I yelled as the pain shot through my body from my right shoulder. I looked up at my attacker- Noah. He had a dazed look in his eyes as he stood with the knife raised. His gray eyes were unfocused and there was blood splattered all over his body, so I guessed I wasn't the first victim.

"Noah, what are you doing? Please, drop the knife" I began in a neutral tone, doing my best to disguise my pain. He didn't reply, but Mary began to speak.

"Please Beatrix, we have to go. We don't know what he's capable of."

I didn't want to go. I already lost Chris, but if I tried, I could maybe save Noah.

"Take the knife from him, and get payback for what he did", the voice said, and the urge to obey began dripping like poison. Against my will, my hand reached out for the knife, which Noah simply gave. I raised it, and without a second thought, rammed it into Noah's side.

What is going on? What did I just do? I stared at the knife in my hand, seeing the already dried blood of mine mixing with Noah's fresh one. My knees buckled as I fell to the ground.

"She saw what you did, she cannot survive"

I turned around to see Mary staring at me with wide eyes, her mouth slightly ajar. I got up from the spot where I was, and began moving towards her.

And then my vision went black.

I woke up in a hospital room, my shoulder in a tight wrapping with IV lines inserted in my left forearm. I looked around me and saw my mom on a nearby seat, staring blankly at a book. I struggled to make some sound, but my throat felt like sandpaper.

Luckily she heard my attempts and rushed to call the doctor. After my check up and random well wishes, he left, only to be replaced with Mary. Memories of me stabbing her came to mind, and tears began to form.

"Hey, Beatrix. Its fine, no one blames you for what happened. There was a drug, LSD, in the marshmallow, which also explains why I was the only survivor. I managed to knock you out, so you didn't hurt me..." she said, not allowing me to get a word in till she was finished.

I glanced at the bandage near her elbow with curiosity.

"...that much. Didn't hurt me that much", she added.

"What about Chris? And-and Noah? Are they here as well?" my heart filling with hope but feeling immediately crushed as I saw the change in her expression.

"Noah didn't make it, it was too late by the time we reached him. You must've hit some seriously vulnerable spot, because it led to internal bleeding"

"I didn't mean to..." I whispered, tears forming with daggers to my heart.

"No one blames you for it. In fact, no one except me and the police knows about it. The rest of the group, well those who survived, think he just stabbed himself"

A short pause followed that, with me still processing everything. I looked up with hopeful eyes, expecting the worst but still wanting to know.

"You want to know what happened to Chris, don't you."

I nodded. She gave me a small smile, which gave my spirits a small boost.

"He survived, but has still not gained consciousness. Listen Beatrix, I think you need to relax, take it easy. Everything will be fine in a while, trust me. Also, I'm sorry for everything that happened, it was terrible."